History of my current project:
1) Did all the midi
2) Arranged it
3) Rough mix
4) Wasn't sure so layered some stuff
5) Maxed CPU, bounced the lot to a new song file to 'start fresh'
6) Did a proper mix
7) Realised I don't like it as much as I thought, and now it's hard to work on because it's all 7 minute long audio files
8) Started chopping everything up and putting it in samplers
9) Got myself in a mess because I have a full track mixed in with bits of midi
10) Now decided to create *another* song file and rearrange totally from the samples I have. Will probably do drums from scratch.