View Single Post
Old 2013-05-26, 10:16

Angry Reason 7 problem with Ignition key driver / codemeter

Hi,

I'm really stuck here... any tips would be very appreciated.

I did the upgrade from Reason 6.5 (which has been working fine all along) to Reason 7 a few days back. Day 1 everything worked perfectly. Day 2 the problems began, when starting Reason I got a message that Ignition Key Driver could not be started. I have uninstalled Reason a couple of times and the problem is still there. Sometimes Reason can be started, but after a couple of minutes it freezes for a minute and then switches over to DEMO mode... very annoying :-(

I think I have located the problem to the codemeter (from WIBU). In the codemeter control center the licenses disappears just before Reason goes over in DEMO mode. It says that codemeter is stopped and when I choose process => start code meter service it just stops again. I have uninstalled the codemeter that comes with Reason 7 (4.50.906....) and installed the latest one from WIBU (5.00.1067.500) but the problem remains... I tried different kinds of licences (computer and balance sound card) but it seems to make no difference.

I'm using a fairly new HP p6770sc with Win 7 SP1. 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel I5-2300 2.8GHz.

Thanks for any comments,
Johan