View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVprod View Post
It's simply a feature that exists in all other DAWs. And I don't think the key of a song makes that huge of a difference with EQ aside from what the lowest note is. (with A and C being relative major/minors, they aren't very far apart). Not everyone (actually never heard of this method before) targets specific note frequencies when EQing.

The thing that makes presets usable is when working with the same artists, being able to save custom settings.
I respectfuly disagree!
The custom settings is one thing and, I could see saving your own being kind of useful.

As for the rest....you are pretty much targeting specific note frequencies every time you use an EQ, wether you know it or not.

The key and fundamental of any individual track totally matters with EQ. EQ is amplitude of frequencies. So, depending on what key you're in...any given preset might suck the life out of the track or boost another frequency unnecessarily.

Anyway, now that we have the Spectrum EQ, i think EQ presets are even less important. It's just too easy to dial in what you need, when and how you need it.