View Single Post
Old 2013-09-29, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternating.bit View Post
Thanks - yeah, I actually found that online... I'm still hearing some odd crackling still, which is what I meant by "glitchy" earlier in the thread. As soon as I play some audio (like an iTunes music file) there is some fast-paced crackling sound happening.

This is so frustrating since I can't really return this Focusrite unit and it cost $500.

Yes, it works in Reason, but even when playing stuff back in Reason I get this crackling sound.

Interestingly Reason gives me these choices for Audio card driver:

ASIO Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver
DX Primary Sound Driver
DX Line Out (Scarlett 18i20 USB)
MME Line Out (Scarlett 18i20 USB)

They all crackle.
The ASIO Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver is the only one you should use, as the DX and MME versions do not offer latency worth anything. In regards to your crackling, have you tried alternate USB ports to see if that alleviates the problem? What kind of latency are you running?