View Single Post
Old 2013-10-23, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedberg View Post
If this has to do with Reason disk streaming issue I think it is far from "little speed error"

maybe you are right..?
i don't know exactly what is the speed problem..
but i know there is a speed problem

contact with propellerhead:

Hi Björn,

Like we said in the first answer, we know that the browser isn't optimal for handling large amount of files. This will most likely be addressed in some future upgrade.

Also, to be clear: If you want better performance in the meantime, you could organize your files in sub-folders where the number of files are below a thousand (typically).

Sincerely,
John Boqvist
Product Support
Propellerhead Software

__________________________________________________ ___________

Propellerhead Software - www.propellerheads.se Hornsbruksgatan 23, SE-117 34 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: Int+46 8 556 08 400. Fax: Int+46 8 556 08 401

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Propellerhead Software AB, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it should not be posted online or otherwise used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should delete this message and kindly notify the sender by a reply e- mail.

-----Original Message-----
Reply-To: "Björn Beez" <bjoern.beez@yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:45:30 +0200
To: "Propellerhead Product Support" <support@propellerheads.se>
Subject: Re: (Case 246287) Reason 7.0.1 – Windows 8 – Browsing into a folder with a lot wave files?!???

Hello John..

sure, if i have less files in a folder the browser respond better. this is the case why i call it an error!
my folders:
percussion cut folder: more than 5000 files
kickdrums all folder: more than 3000 files
snare drums all folder: more than 2000 files
and i have a lot more folders with bongos, congas, tablas, shakers, hihats, etc...
and the most folders responts in more than 1-2minutes..
this is not good for a fast workflow. sorry.

there must be an error in your browser. it is the first time that a software have such problems with my database.
i would like to create kong and redrum and sampler patches..
but i does not make fun to wait such a long time to load the next sample.. we are not in the 80s.. i'm sorry

REGARDS
Björn

Am 22.10.2013 um 09:55 schrieb "Propellerhead Product Support" <support@propellerheads.se>:

Hi Björn,

Typically how many files do you have in the same folder? If you try and keep it below a thousand, does the browser respond better?

Regards,
John Boqvist
Product Support
Propellerhead Software

Propellerhead Software - www.propellerheads.se Hornsbruksgatan 23, SE-117 34 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: Int+46 8 556 08 400. Fax: Int+46 8 556 08 401

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Propellerhead Software AB, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it should not be posted online or otherwise used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should delete this message and kindly notify the sender by a reply e- mail.