View Single Post
Old 2007-01-06, 03:47

Midi Device selection and preset selection

All I want in the world is to be able to program the nice buttons on my Pro88 Keystation to select devices in Reason. And, since I'm dreaming, then make presets assignable as well.

I can imagine that this is a difficult task because of the extreme expandability of Reason devices and presets. How do you assign a midi number to a practically infinite number of presets?

Well, I'd easily accept a compromise. How about if we provide a group of device slots that ARE midi assignable. Maybe you can't have unlimited devices midi assignable, but you can have, say, 10 devices that you choose be selected to be midi assignable.

Then a step more. For each of those midi assignable devices, how about letting us assign a group of say, 20 presets that can be midi assignable? Wouldn't it be cool to have a rotary control assigned to select presets?

The path to full acceptance of soft synths has to go thru performing musicians. Performing musicians need to be able to select devices and presets from their keyboard.

You guys can do it.

Wayne from White Salmon