Okay guys, bear with me for a few seconds. I have an idea for a product and I want to get your feedback. I was brainstorming it and got to a certain point and realized that MIDI out would absolutely blow the top off of it.
The product would be a Reason Patch Sample builder for NN-XT and Kong. It would basically help us farm samples from outboard gear, pianos, stringed instruments etc. I see a typical use case going like this..
- Open app (We'll call this application Farmer for now)
- Select what type of device you're sampling (Keys, Strings, Drums, Percussion, etc)
- Select how many levels of velocity, and number of zones/note granularity
- Select Manual or Auto
- If Manual,
- Farmer asks you to select a starting low note
- Farmer asks the user to play lowest key without sustain & lightest velocity
- Farmer starts auto recording when signal starts or above a preset threshold
- This process repeats to gather all notes at all desired velocities
- If Auto,
- Farmer starts sending MIDI OUT and recording output
- You could basically start the auto process and walk away while it does it's thing
- Upon completion, Farmer not only creates an organized sample folder but a ready-to-use device patch (NN-XT, Kong)
Any thoughts? I know this would destroy some commercial sample based refills out there, but it also would create an insane amount of quality free refills available. I think it would be awesome for the Reason/Record community as a whole. Some people would buy it for use with other products, but the auto-building of the Reason device patches might drive some Reason business.
Note: I added this to my feature request list, and renamed it Recapture, since Resampler is taken.