View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 13:54

Record 1.5 problem - can't authorize!

Hi,

I've already raised an email about this with the Props Support, but thought I'd also post here in case anyone is having the same problem. I've read a number of threads about installing and authorizing the recent Record 1.5 upgrade, but none describe the same problem I'm encountering here - hence the new thread.

Ok, so here's my problem...

Until yesterday I had only Reason (and ReCycle) installed on my desktop iMac (3 GHz Intel Core i3, OS 10.6.4). I had recently updgraded to Reason 5, which runs perfectly fine.

So yesterday I bought a copy of 'Record for Reason owners'. I installed it (Record version 1.0) and then authorized/registered the software to my Props account using the start-up 'Authorization Window' wizard. Record 1.0 opens fine when clicked, but I realise that I now have to upgrade to Record 1.5 in order to make it compatible with Reason 5.

So I delete the Record 1.0 folder from my computer (as instructed) and install the Record 1.5 update in its place.

Now, when I run Record it takes me to the start up window (same as when I first booted up Record 1.0) and asks whether I want to 1) authorize and register; 2) log-in to run without the ignition key; or 3) run in demo mode.

I click the authorization button and I'm asked to input my Record license number, which I do. I'm then told that I must first register Reason and am taken to a similar page, which asks for my Reason license number and registration code. I enter the details and then an error message appears, telling that my copy of Reason is already registered - well I know that, because it's registered to me!

So in short: I'm unable to open and run the Record 1.5 update because I can't get passed the start-up wizard - which continues to ask me to register Record and Reason, even though both of these softwares are clearly registered on my Props account page and authorized on my ignition key.

Anybody got any ideas for a fix - or encountering the same problem?

To be clear: my account page shows that my copies of Reason 5, Reason 4 and Record are all registered to me. It also shows that my Record ignition key is authorized for my licensed copies of Reason 5 and Record.

I could try deleting and re-installing the software, but this seems to be a problem with registration and not the product itself.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PS: needless to say, this is damn frustrating!