View Single Post
Old 2010-09-04, 08:37

Blocks questions

I have a few questions about blocks in Reason.

1) Is there any way to assign a block to a region already recorded in song mode? Like just draw a block over it and have everything within that region placed in a new block ready to be arranged?

2) Is there any way to simply locally copy a block in a single click? What I mean is e.g. you want to go further than just muting/unmuting tracks in the song mode to change just a single instance of a block, so it'd be great if there were some nice way to do that. Right now all I can think of is literally going in to the block, selecting all, copying it all, then going to an empty block, pasting in, then making the block variation in there.

3) A suggestion to the Props, I'd love to have more blocks, an unlimited number would be ideal and the ability to nest blocks, so a block could contain other blocks of e.g. repeatedly used drum patterns. It'd also be neat to have something like the groove control over them, to procedurally randomize up their playback sometimes, think like Ableton Live's loops only I think if you could nest blocks it would be much more powerful.