View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 15:18

Reason and Record go Black Metal? Yeah!

Me and my band are recording our second album for a small but very influential italian label. I already used Reason to some extend on our first, but this time we did it (almost) completely in Reason and Record. We had some leftovers that were so good we decided to record and spread for free over the internet.

We do not make synthpop, we aren't an indie band either. Core ingredient in our music is.. metal! Just don't expect the typical metalsounds though, we like to add lots of synths and drummachines.

The song I'd like you to listen to is a bit different than we usually do, it has a slower pace and has live drums and washed out guitars on it. Our usual songs are fast, have sharp clear guitars and extreme programmed drums/beats.

Please go to our Bandcamp or Soundcloud page

I mixed this song completely in Record and all instruments except the drums are Reason. For drums we used Addictive Drums and a 2Box DrumItFive to drive it. I used the Kong PM kick and synthsnare to layer the existing performance. I used Thor for the moog-like intro synthbass and for most other synths in the track. Bitley's excellent Fairlight refill is used for both synths played just before the middle part. I used the Commodore64 free refill for the fast drumbreaks in the last part of this song, and at last I used James Bernard's Haas effect as an sendeffect on multiple stems. I created all vocal effects myself but I also used Jiggery-Pokery's Advanced Rotary Speakers.

The guitars were recorded through a UX1 Toneport and all distortion and effects you hear on them were done in R&R.

If you like to know more about how I did things please ask!
Oh, and we're called Control Human Delete

---

We’ve got a new song for you, Cosmography.

Again, this new track is recorded during the sessions for the new album, we decided that this track will not be on the album. Instead we provide it here for you ‘the listener’ to enjoy it in all it’s glory.

The real "metal" parts of this track are around 7 minutes if you can't wait that long!

The drums are recorded with the 2BOX drumkit into Addictive Drums. The drums are heavily layered with different drumsamples. The 4 Guitars are recorded through ENGL amp, Egnator speaker into a single SM57. The bass guitar is direct.

Everything else is Reason and Record, mastered with Ozone.

Let me know what you guys think of the track.

-Cosmography-

creed; supreme; contempt; the design;
speculations; sanctity; infinite conceit;
snails; vanish; verdict; fractal design;

Those who have ventured receive the gratitude
and vanish before this dying eye. While the
minitiae facts break the frailties as they
come by. Interconnects of the truth. They cannot
act where they are not. Oneness. One possibility
confronts the other, reflecting sunlight on
darkness. To break. To break.

The ideas where ridiculed at. Convinced of the
ultimate beauty which lies underneath. "They
should have failed to deduce from the works of God"

"They should have failed to deduce from the works of God"

erase; break; conceal; rule; sense; the truth; redeem

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by Spectrephonic; 2011-08-27 at 01:05.