View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleweed View Post
I believe James Bernard created a method of loading a RDK2 into Record that split the outputs to various channels, but as a standalone item RDK2 is a combinator with a 14:2 mixer with the usual suspects routed to their own channels. There's a bunch of eqs and a compressor in the standard set ups but the "Producer kits" add some more devices.
The "Producer" kits are the same sampled kits in RDK2, but with added effects to make them sound different?

Quote:
By the way, the midi with RDK2 is limited (to say the least) but the stuff with SD2 and EZD is much better. And there are packs of additional midi. And there's a converter with SD2 that changes the patterns to suit other fake drum programs. Unfortunately I can't figure it out!
Yeah I guess all the companies would have their proprietary mappings so you can't interchange them. Somewhere in my internet travels, I picked up a boatload of EZ files, but they are for EZ only -- well,maybe they are for something different altogether.(!) They seemed to somewhat work in the freebie GSCW drumkit, but didn't seem as expressive as they were missing the subtle things from the weird mappings.

Quote:
By the way (part 2), Pete Watson has a bunch of drum stuff but he seems to use a modified version of RDK2's "Rock Ballad" for most of his tracks, and they sound pretty good.
Life is what you make of it I suppose.
Yeah, Pete always manages to get things to sound good...