View Single Post
Old 2011-09-19, 14:31

Why can't people just have music making as their hobby like video games are ?????

"A hobby is a regular activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time"

Hobby's generally need no monetary or other justification other than just "personal enjoyment" except for when it comes to making music and posting online

Why is that?

I get that there is a video game industry that people make money on and yet nobody goes around asking the 12 hour a day (on a day off) hobby video game player about pursuing a career in playing video games so why is it different for the person that would rather spend that time making music for no other reason than having fun and posting online to share with friends/family

Think about it if somebody says "man I spent $500 on a new game console/game then my whole weekend playing "insert video game title" " and it was fun.

nobody is gonna ask if theif the person is persuing a career in video game play yet if a person spends the $500 on an instrument or tool and the time making music it is looked upon as if the person is wasting time/money unless pursuing music business

making music is fun video games are fun both can be careers or hobby's yet only music makers ever get the pressure to justify a purchase or time spent based on monetary gain or pursuing a career with it
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Last edited by djbriang; 2011-09-19 at 16:13.