View Single Post
Old 2011-10-21, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy21 View Post
Hey guys my concern is the audio quality after exporting a song out of Reason 5. My exported songs sound muddy. In the program they sound great. I'm not sure if its because the levels on certain instruments are peaking or not. I've tried adjusting everything to where nothing is peaking but then it sounds very "weak". It seems lowering the volume level dramatically reduces the punch or power of an instrument leaving me very unsatisfied. I guess my main question is there a happy medium? Or am I doing something wrong or missing something entirely?

Thanks!
I know this is a few months old but I have had a simular problem. I think it may be using an ASIO driver in Reason and then hearing the track with a DX driver in an external program (Wavepad for me). It seems to sound much better in Reason (depth in the bass mainly) with the ASIO. When I change the driver that Reason is using do DX or MME the quality changes.

If this is the same problem I guess the solution would be to master with a DX or MME driver after the live input sampling support from ASIO is no longer required.

-UC-