View Single Post
Old 2011-11-04, 04:53

Using Loops in Reason 6

Hi Everyone,

A musician friend of mine discovered the other day that I've been dabbling in music production within Reason 6. He handed me a USB stick with over 3Gb of loops that are in AIFF, WAV, and MP3 formats.

Apart from the problems associated with going through over 2000+ loops to see what's in this nice little grab bag, I'm wondering what my options are regarding using these within Reason.

None of these loops are REX'd, and as a hobbyist, I can't justify shelling out over $200 for ReCycle to convert these to REX loops.

I can use the "import" function to add an audio track to the timeline, but I've found with some of these loops that they're often around 4 bars long with leading and/or trailing silence.

I could also import loops using the NN19, NNXT, and the Korg Drum Designer, but none of these allow me to "trim" the loops down to just the bits I want.

So, what are my options?

FWIW, I'm running Reason on an quad-core iMac, and am just a beginner learning the ins and outs of Reason, so please be gentle. I'm open to suggestions as to other tools to slice up these loops into more usable portions where I can import into Reason and use.

Cheers,
- bec