Propellerhead Software
Old 2007-12-07, 13:54

Click the rack, select the track!

I'm sure somebody has mentioned this one but it kinda sucks having to go the the sequencer to select a different track. Shouldn't the default be that when we click a device it's track is activated and if we want to send pattern data to another device's track we manually select that other track? Didn't it work like this in previous versions? I forget.
Old 2007-12-07, 14:06

Re: Click the rack, select the track!

: I'm sure somebody has mentioned this one but it kinda sucks having to go the the sequencer to select a different track. Shouldn't the default be that when we click a device it's track is activated and if we want to send pattern data to another device's track we manually select that other track? Didn't it work like this in previous versions? I forget.

No, it was always like this.

And it makes no sense to change it. For example following situation:
I play more or less live, using Reason as drumcomputer. Now I think "Hmm, the drum is a little bit too loud." I take the mouse and tweak a bit in the Redrum. With your suggestion I cannot play while tweaking in another device. But that is important: The focus of a device should never change while clicking in the rack.
Old 2007-12-07, 15:51

Interesting point. I don't use it live at all and I notice I spend a lot of time Alt+Tabbing between screens to change tracks then Alt+Tab back to tweak. I'll try to find a better way to organize my windows or just work with until I get PTLE 7.4.
Old 2007-12-12, 16:50

: Interesting point. I don't use it live at all and I notice I spend a lot of time Alt+Tabbing between screens to change tracks then Alt+Tab back to tweak. I'll try to find a better way to organize my windows or just work with until I get PTLE 7.4.

There is another unlogic thing with this idea: E.G. I've a Combinator. Then it is possible to make a track for the Combinator and ALL the devices IN the Comb. Where should I look to, when I click on the Combinator?

Perhaps a good compromise would be, not to change the focus, but to display in the Sequencer-Tracks, which devices have currently been SELECTED in the rack.
Some highlight, e.g. a border arround the track to see "I have selected this device". Btw: This would also be nice the other way arround!

It disturbs me sometimes, to select a track and the rack jumps to the position of the device.

Old 2007-12-08, 21:14

Maybe Props could create an advanced preferences manager allowing user customization of work flow behaviors.
Muzik
Old 2007-12-09, 13:38

: Maybe Props could create an advanced preferences manager allowing user customization of work flow behaviors.

This is a good idea.

My opinion is "Click the rack, select the track!", it's the easiest way for me!
Old 2007-12-11, 03:21

brilliant
Old 2007-12-16, 17:46

yeah, thats an idea. so it will be optional: Click the rack, select the track!