Propellerhead Software
Old 2008-06-05, 13:17

Bring Back Song Upload

Even though I am not a skilled music producer I would invariably download songs from other users to see how they created their songs my genre being trance music. This has helped me a great deal in determining how the building blocks of trance music is created. Now you have updated the web-site but no longer have the facility to upload your song. Only on your profile will songs be listed or in the music forum where people can discus their songs. I say bring it back, I am surprised that no one has added a thread on this subject before.

It is not easy to create a full song track. A full trance song requires a lot of thought and imagination to produce it as a solo artist. It does not take me minutes to make a song. It takes me ages and then I probably won't fully complete it as I do not have the necessary time. If you are a solo producer who has other responsibilities sometimes the only song you can upload is a loop or a nice trance melody, it may be good or bad, but at least other people can view it and even may be use it.

Please bring back the song upload. This will force Reason users to create MP3's and not allowing members of the reason community to gain knowledge of music creation i.e. great sounding combinators or unique sound syntesis.

I have only posted one song myself as I originally had no idea to create a trance tune. Also with the Reason software my dreams have been answered and can now create my own trance song. I know that most songs are 4/4 etc and have utilised some of the drum pattern sequences created by Reason users to get a feel as to how trance music is created, but now only self promotion will prevail in the Music Forum!!!

Bring it Back, Bring it Back right now!!!!
Old 2008-06-05, 14:34

Arrow You're not alone

http://www.propellerheads.se/forum/s...d.php?t=104066

We started already!
Old 2008-06-05, 14:58

I agree. That's one reason buying Reason looked good - the sense of community and song sharing. I don't find it as easy to go directly to an artist, song or genre.
Old 2008-06-05, 16:14

Thanks,

For the reply

Yeah didn't see that had already started, but back to my point haven't got a web-site, just want to look at a few songs in the genre I am working in for ideas and drum patterns for build ups etc. I know a few artists in the trance gnere that are good, but it means I have to go on the music forum and look for their profile if they have posted any new songs. Its just the composition of the songs I am after. I can work on melodies etc later.

Searching for the genre is really useful. As a solo artist I need help, but no one is interested in what I am doing.
Old 2010-05-21, 21:55

Inspiration

A good source of inspiration and motivation and information is lost!
Why search on youtube while this site could provite us all we need.
Old 2010-05-21, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSTAPPEN View Post
A good source of inspiration and motivation and information is lost!
Why search on youtube while this site could provite us all we need.
Uh, why put it on this site when youtube could provide you with all you need?

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2010-05-22, 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSTAPPEN View Post
A good source of inspiration and motivation and information...
About 10% of registered users here have .rps files uploaded to our usernames. The thread you pulled up is almost two years old. If you have a genre you're interested in, post so and we can lead you to users here with files of that type. Also, check out the Reason Station link given here: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showpost.php?p=718930&postcount=16 .
Old 2010-05-22, 12:06

lol phasys....