Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2008-06-07, 07:22

How to set an effect on multiple instruments?

Possibly a common question, but I'm new here. How do I create an effect device that applies to more than one instrument? I don't have a background in audio really and all the wires on the back are pretty confusing. I can see that the instrument wires into the effect, and the effect wires into the mixer... but what if I want several instruments to wire into the same effect?
Old 2008-06-07, 07:53

You can add up to four effects devices onto the mixer so that you can use them for any instrument you have wired through the mixer.
Old 2008-06-07, 08:34

Cool, thanks... now what if I want to add more than 4?

Also, how exactly do I apply an effect device to the mixer? I selected the mixer and created an RV7000, but it didn't seem to have any effect... when I flip the rack I can see there are some wires attaching it but the effect is definitely not happening to the instruments.
Old 2008-06-07, 09:25

You need to turn up the aux knobs on the mixer on that channel you want.

If you want more than 4 effects on something, just create a caombinator and add all effects there and then connect the combinator to a aux in a mixer

Or use the spider audio to connect 4 effects to that and then connect the spider audio to an aux in the mixer
Old 2008-06-07, 14:36

Awesome, thanks!

Now, one last question for now. Suppose I already have a mishmash of instruments in my mixer (in fact I have two mixers cause I ran out of instruments on the first one)... is there an easy way to re-organize my instruments into new mixers?

The main thing I'm trying to do at the moment is set a reverb for 6 to 8 of the instruments. The way I understand it, I need to put all those instruments on the same mixer (they are spread across two mixers at the moment), make sure the other instruments which I do not want the reverb effect on to be on a different mixer... I can't find a way to do that real easily, though. How should I go about doing that?
Old 2008-06-07, 16:00

What I usually do is to have one mixer for leads, one for basses, one for drums and so on, that helps me keep track on where my instruments are
Old 2008-06-09, 13:13

Why not create a mixer with effects for all the instruments you want to apply these effects to .
If you want to apply more effects to the same instruments, create a new mixer and run them through that as well.
Then link up to your main mixer as normal.