Propellerhead Software
Old 2008-11-19, 01:25

Smile Public Enemy Remix Contest Entry

Here is my entry into the recent Public Enemy remix contest. I didn't win, but I would love any feedback from you guys. This was my first remix attempt and first shot working with hip-hop material. Since I'm not versed in hip-hop, I created a mix of electro-house and metal.

You will find it here:
www.technicystfix.com

99% of this was done in Reason 4 and Recycle. Exported to Cubase SX3 and did a quick master with Ozone 3. Special thanks to Robert Todd for the lead synth at the end (Nightclub Leads free download).

Enjoy, and thanks for listening!
Old 2008-11-19, 16:58

verry confusig at times

i was allways waiting for the big BOOM and cymbal mashup... guitar was aming towards a nervous breakdown part but didnt happen..
too many parts
vocals are just sloshed everywhere with absolut no sence.

needs:
more clarity
signature sound/breakdown/hookline
basic things that a (dumb) listener would apreshiate

of course you have the highest standards to follow inside yourself.. but ease down some what... noone else than you listened to your track a 1000 times and got fed up with parts getting boring..

its all about telling that loooong term story in 3.30 minutes

hope this wasnt to disapointing ;o/
georgie
Old 2008-11-19, 17:13

Thanks for taking the time to listen and to write all this up. Disappointed? Nah...you are entitled to say whatever you want, and your honesty is cool with me. This type of honesty is refreshing, in fact, and I could never see myself writing a comment like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiewee View Post
noone else than you listened to your track a 1000 times and got fed up with parts getting boring..
It's so direct and harsh that I have to appreciate it.

Looking forward to other comments as well.