Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2008-12-29, 09:58
Loxxman

MIDI Keybaord Signal will not Play Reason Devices

I am attempting to use a Casio CT-680 MIDI Keyboard to play Devices on Reason 4.0, the MIDI Signal gets to the Sequencer, and the Reason Hardware Device, but will not register on any MIDI Rack Devices, I am at wits end and ready to get a real Controller Please Advice.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Loxx/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image Reason.jpg (13.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 2008-12-29, 13:37

Whenever someone has a keyboard issue seems it's always a Casio.

Try going into the MIDI/Settings menu on your Casio's digital display and find the setting LOCAL, then turn LOCAL: OFF.

If you can't find it study your Casio manual, i think this is a casio issue rather than a Reason one.
Old 2008-12-29, 19:40
Loxxman

Thanks, as soon as I decipher (from the Casio manual) how to access those settings I will, the manual is very vague.
Old 2008-12-29, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxxman View Post
I am attempting to use a Casio CT-680 MIDI Keyboard to play Devices on Reason 4.0, the MIDI Signal gets to the Sequencer, and the Reason Hardware Device, but will not register on any MIDI Rack Devices, I am at wits end and ready to get a real Controller Please Advice.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Loxx/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
Do you have the proper device track selected? (in the sequencer)
Old 2008-12-29, 19:51
Loxxman

Well, I selected a sequence track and device, and when I play the Casio, the sequencer indicates MIDI signal coming in, and on my RACK the Reason Hardware Device shows MIDI signal coming in on Channel 1.
Old 2008-12-29, 22:52

Provided that you have everything wired up properly in the rack, and have the device selected, you should probably try a reinstall of Reason, as your rack is indicating a midi input. If it was your controller, you wouldn't be seeing that. The only other thing that I can think of is that it could be a bad midi cable. Try the reinstall first, if that doesn't work, then try a new cable. I know very little about the keyboard that you're referring to. If it has a USB interface, that eliminates a bad cable.
Old 2008-12-30, 08:35
Loxxman

Thanks, I am using a USB Interface, so I opted for reinstalling Reason 4, I'll keep you posted on whether this solves my issue.
Old 2009-01-06, 02:51
Loxxman

A fresh Install did not Work, so I Bought a Korg Nano, and can now palys sound VIA MIDI in reason, I will revisit the Casio CT CT 680 Issue.