Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-01-09, 13:10

Physical Modelling Synth

I would like to see a physical modelling synth included in Reason at some stage.
Would be great to get expressive sax's, nylon string guitars and electric guitar at a very real sounding level.

A dedicated Electro mechanical rack would be good also for more expressive B3, clavs and EP's with built in Amp sims, Rotary speakers etc. Like a built in Nord.

I bet you can tell I'm a keyboardist LOL.

I think Audio tracks would be a great addition to the sequencer. Not talking about recording audio, just the ability to import MP3's and other audio file formats into an audio track lane for audio playback. I could finally just use Reason on its own then without Nuendo.
Old 2009-01-09, 14:22

Talking

I don't know why , but I have the strong feeling that they really working on a physical modelling thing - able to produce reed or string based stuff (yes, maybe a accordion!)
That a solution for better integration of audio files into Reason is on their way , is very possible too ! No audio recording , but a kind of Recycle into Reason thing .
Whatever , speculations ...
Old 2009-01-10, 02:29

Have you messed with Logic's synth Sculpture? It's certainly not perfect for creating realistic sounds, as they still usually sound synthesized for me, but it can get pretty good for wind sounds, and if you really work at it you can get believable string sounds, tho they typically have severe limitations in playability. All the same, it just sounds cool in general.

I would not argue with having a modelling synth in Reason, actually would love it. Sounds processor hungry tho.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Old 2009-01-11, 05:22

"I would like to see a physical modelling synth included in Reason at some stage.
Would be great to get expressive sax's, nylon string guitars and electric guitar at a very real sounding level."

I second this emotion.
Old 2009-01-12, 22:48

I've only heard demo clips of the sculpture synth in Logic Studio, actually Logic Studio would be the perfect solution for me but is only on Apple (which I do not have) but its tempting to get one just for Logic Studio. I do love Reason though and its efficient use of CPU even on a not so good PC. I reckon the physical modelling synth could be a bit like Malstrom where you have templates for the models and then an engine to manipulate the sound. I certainly would use it a lot if there was one. Roll on Reason 5, will be interesting to see what's included next...
Old 2012-11-06, 17:10

AAS are you working on a Chromaphone RE

If AAS does not do it I hope there is someone working this. I am very hopeful there will be a Physical Modeling synth in my rack soon.(no offense to Kong) I am digging Papen's beast, now we need a full featured PM rack extension. I can just hear the roars of a Predator laying a bass bed and the clear sounds of a marimba being CV modulated into steel/nylon wire and back by... well shazbot there are myriad possibilities for driving modulation. We just need a PM Synth fitted with a ton of CV. Lets keep it real boys and girls synthetic realism I mean.
Old 2012-11-06, 22:02

I approve of a PM synth in Reason.