Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-01-21, 02:07

Notepad window

Playing live often means having to make a number of adjustments to both real and virtual devices. Between songs, it's easy to forget what devices need tweaked, where on the keyboard I've put all the sounds I'll need to play, where override keys are, etc. So far, I've had to rely on a physical notebook for this purpose, but it's not exactly handy and it adds clutter to the setup. Having a notepad that opens with the file (enabled/disabled via Preferences) where I could enter these reminders would be pretty great. It could be resized and dragged around the screen to accommodate the user's layout. One caveat though: I can see a potential problem arising from clicking on the Notepad window, then starting the song (live, not sequenced), leaving the focus in the Notepad might screw up on-the-fly adjustments to Reason devices (I use a footpedal to shift through sequencer tracks which needs to have cursor focus). I'm sure it could be worked out though.
Old 2009-01-21, 13:36

Did you try the song info feature?
Old 2009-01-21, 22:09

I hadn't noticed it. But it just might do the trick.

Unfortunately, it only shows up in the file browser. All those tweaks and settings have to be made after the file's already open, meaning I'll have to open the song info gizmo, make the adjustments, then close it. Extra steps and extra time between songs.

Oh well.. it's not perfect, but it'll have to do.

Thanks

Last edited by synthuaxed; 2009-01-21 at 23:00.