Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2009-02-11, 11:56

Red face I'm New ish. Could you listen and comment?

Scarier than having babies, posting my music up to listen to. www.myspace.com/mezimo Thanks in advance.
Old 2009-02-11, 14:09

Yeah - Just a tad scarier. However, you have nothing to be scared of 'cause your tunes are good. I am most fond of Lyssophobia.

I did feel that your tunes could benefit from some more refined mixing and then mastering. In Lyssophobia you have the drum set enter around 2;15 or so, and to my ear it is way out of balance to the rest of the instruments. It is also lacking the same ambient quality (reverb) that the other instruments have. Just a touch of verb on the drums will help fix that.

All in all, great stuff. I'll be looking for more in the future.

KIBEJA

www.kibeja.bandcamp.mu

www.myspace.com/kibeja
Old 2009-02-11, 17:40

Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about if you stick to your song writing method. I, too, find that the best songs come from great chord patterns (or excellent melodies, but that's rarer to come up with).

I absolutely loved Lyssophobia and look forward to hearing more from you.

And I agree with Kibeja about the drums that come in later in the song.
Old 2009-02-12, 06:42

You've got the right idea, especially with Lyssophobia. But, i do feel that you need to arrange your songs a little more. Eg, listen to some similiar ones from bands you like and see how the various instruments are layed out.
Old 2009-02-12, 14:50

Yeah i do agree with Kijeba, the drums at 2:15 don't fit the song and sound harsh. My drums were like that when i first started. Also you have a lot of ideas in your songs which is great and as queen said above a bit more arrangement, when the drums start and they stop. I like your basses they sound goood.

Overall pretty good
Old 2009-02-12, 17:04

Thanks guys for comments. I have swapped from Fl to Reason so it's all very different to me.Fl is much more straight forward but not as powerful. I have alot to learn which is fun and think it's great when people take the time to listen. I am fine at coming up with the melodies but arrangement is my weakest point. Going to have a good mess about with Lyssophobia and re post when ready. Hope you'll listen again then.
Cheers. Yaz
Old 2009-02-12, 19:35

Nice track.
I also moved from FL to Reason.
Gotta love them pads/strings that come in. Very melodical tune.
Most already mentioned about the drums, otherwise, really nice tune.
Old 2009-02-12, 21:36

I would aggree with the other guys about both it being good quality and the drums being a little off another idea, in addition to the reverb would be to compress it might give the track a little breathing around that point. Now Im going to have to post one of my tracks.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazzy1 View Post
Scarier than having babies, posting my music up to listen to. www.myspace.com/mezimo Thanks in advance.
For a "Newbie" you are very talented and picked up on the proper use of the software!
It took me about a year until I got it together and was able to upload my first tune even though it was using sheet music. You are composing and using a new medium to express yourself. I'd say you are doing fantastically well. Keep working at it.
Old 2009-02-16, 15:20

2nd attemp at Lyssophobia

Have tried again at "Lyssophobia" and included a new track called "Free Fall".

www.myspace.com/mezimo

Thanks for listening 1st time and do again to see if any improvements have been made. Top two tracks are Reason and bottom two are Fl.
I realised sometime ago that you're never satisfied, so I try not to spend much time fiddling with tracks.

www.myspace.com/mezimo