Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2009-05-03, 17:47

New Song - "Another Way" - opinions wanted

Looking for constructive advice. cheers guys.

http://www.reverbnation.com/danielfarmer
Old 2009-05-03, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfarmer View Post
Looking for constructive advice. cheers guys.

http://www.reverbnation.com/danielfarmer
I liked it, it has a lot of original ideas/sounds in it and it does get the blood flowing ala a good dance track. I thought the break (beatless) section was maybe a wee bit long for the dance floor? It's great through that section as a listener, I just sensed it might be just a tad long without the drum track. The vocals, I wouldn't be afraid to maybe go to them a little more and by that I mean bring them in a bit earlier. The repeated line and I'm on my second listen as I type to try and remember it, could be given a little more punch at first, IMHO. Anyway, all my comments are just rough ideas for experiments. The track is solid and grooves really nicely. All the sounds, sound good to me. Love the wind effects. Ah, and "Escape" was the repeated word I was speaking of before.
Nice stuff, I'm going to listen to the rest of your tracks since I'm on your page anyway.
Ed
Old 2009-05-03, 20:40

I thought it was just a tad bit repetitive, but as a song that people are supposed to dance to, I don't guess that matters all that much. Good production.
Old 2009-05-03, 21:42

Thanks guys... I think you are right about that break ( I felt a little funny about it adn I've gotten another comment son it elsewhere, so that really confrms it ). The vocals maybe need to come out a bit eh? Something I too was thinking on.

Cheers for the comments.
Old 2009-05-04, 01:12

I like it and the production is sweet!! Everything sits nicely in the mix, although I do think the vocals could be a tad hotter. You have enough change-up in the song that it doesn't come off as to repetitious. Really for this kind of tune there has to be a groove factor and I think you've got that!

Nice work

KIBEJA

CD "Harvest Song" available at : CD Baby - iTunes
Old 2009-05-05, 02:55

Thanks Kib,

Starting off, I had loads of creativity and no production. now its taken me a while to learn production, I have to relearn creativity! =) lol. No its a balance isnt it? too much either way and you dont have a good track.
Old 2009-05-05, 03:00

Cool tune dude. My browser was having trouble with that player though.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=904317

http://www.youtube.com/user/1lilnigga