Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2009-05-14, 01:58

VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD

Suggested Feature For RECORD

I am a crazy Fan of propellerhead Reason and i am glad to hear about the latest new product called RECORD.
Propellerhead is about to break into the music industry with the idea of this product called RECORD (as for me, i call it REASONABLE) and to do this i suggest Propellerhead take into account by adding features listed below:

1. Integrating or enabling the use of VST and AU plugins.
2. Routing or enabling the use of Hardware Sound Modules without the need of rewiring to other DAW.
3. Mixing and Mastering (like in Reason 4.0) which will also include their Templates (Optional).
4. Exporting audio as MP3..

If all this can be added i believe that it will be of a great relief to all.
Please, if you support the idea kindly post your comment to share more views join me in the campaign VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD!!!

Thank you.

Last edited by SteveBounce; 2009-05-14 at 23:18.
Old 2009-05-14, 04:32

I SECOND THE audio units and Vst support .. and get some better effect devices already
Old 2009-05-14, 16:37

I also agree Vst.
Old 2009-05-15, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkatron View Post
I SECOND THE audio units and Vst support .. and get some better effect devices already
I think the RV-7000 is great.
The scream distortion is under-acclaimed and really versatile.

music at: http://soundcloud.com/techdef
or http://techdef.bandcamp.com/

mixes are up at http://www.mixcloud.com/techdef/
theatrical sound design blog at http://thtrsnd.wordpress.com/
Old 2009-07-26, 23:52

What effects are you talking about?
Old 2009-05-15, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBounce View Post
Suggested Feature For RECORD

I am a crazy Fan of propellerhead Reason and i am glad to hear about the latest new product called RECORD.
Propellerhead is about to break into the music industry with the idea of this product called RECORD (as for me, i call it REASONABLE) and to do this i suggest Propellerhead take into account by adding features listed below:

1. Integrating or enabling the use of VST and AU plugins.
2. Routing or enabling the use of Hardware Sound Modules without the need of rewiring to other DAW.
3. Mixing and Mastering (like in Reason 4.0) which will also include their Templates (Optional).
4. Exporting audio as MP3..

If all this can be added i believe that it will be of a great relief to all.
Please, if you support the idea kindly post your comment to share more views join me in the campaign VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD!!!

Thank you.

If Propellerhead at the end of the day decide not to add the features we all have been asking especially having VST & AU Plugins enabled in RECORD it will be like serving Rice without Stew.
Old 2009-05-15, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBounce View Post
If Propellerhead at the end of the day decide not to add the features we all have been asking especially having VST & AU Plugins enabled in RECORD it will be like serving Rice without Stew.
I haven't been asking that. Also, many others have not been asking that. Also, I don't even want it. Also, I do not like stew. Anyway, if you're so desperate about using your VST's, then use something else. In that case, Reason or Record is just not for you.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:52

I THINK YOU SOUND VERY MUCH NOT FROM THE AGE OF GOOD MUSICAL PRODUCTION AS WE ALL KNOW THAT FLEXIBILITY IS WHAT MATTERS MOST IN THE INDUSTRY.
WITH PROPELLERHEADS ADDING OUR REQUESTED FEATURES THEN BEYOND THE SKY IS THEIR LIMIT.
HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE ONE OF FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE SATISFY WITH NO NEED FOR VST or AU PLUGIN SUPPORT THEN I SEE NO NEED MAKING UNNECESSARY COMMENT.
Old 2009-07-26, 20:14

phasys, I've seen your posts all across the forums putting down the people requesting VST. It is great that Record and Reason in their present incarnation do everything you need for your music creation. I can't understand why you feel so threatened by a segment of the market that wants to purchase Record, which you love and support. These potential customers are the ones debating whether or not to spend their money right now, because they've spent it on Cubase and Pro Tools already.

A lot of people are looking to step away from these other DAWs. More people want to jump on this awesome bandwagon that is Record. If you can't think objectively, keep your negativity to yourself.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaktar View Post
phasys, I've seen your posts all across the forums putting down the people requesting VST. It is great that Record and Reason in their present incarnation do everything you need for your music creation. I can't understand why you feel so threatened by a segment of the market that wants to purchase Record, which you love and support. These potential customers are the ones debating whether or not to spend their money right now, because they've spent it on Cubase and Pro Tools already.

A lot of people are looking to step away from these other DAWs. More people want to jump on this awesome bandwagon that is Record. If you can't think objectively, keep your negativity to yourself.
I bought Pro Tools, but I honestly regreated buying it. Everything is so redundant with Reason's sequencer I honestly wish I could get my money back.

I personally think VSTs are over-rated. At least from a sampling standpoint. Plugins, maybe... but honestly, how many people come here and say "I need plugins" simply because they don't want to walk around on the other grass?

Props keep on saying that Reason IS a Virtual Instrument, and is intended to be used, ReWire, as a plugin in other Sequencers (or simply standalone). ReWire is a Props endeavour and accomplishment. Props designed ReWire so that their main app, Reason, could plug in to other apps, so that those other app's features could be used with Reason.