Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2009-05-14, 01:58
SteveBounce SteveBounce is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 28
VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD

Suggested Feature For RECORD

I am a crazy Fan of propellerhead Reason and i am glad to hear about the latest new product called RECORD.
Propellerhead is about to break into the music industry with the idea of this product called RECORD (as for me, i call it REASONABLE) and to do this i suggest Propellerhead take into account by adding features listed below:

1. Integrating or enabling the use of VST and AU plugins.
2. Routing or enabling the use of Hardware Sound Modules without the need of rewiring to other DAW.
3. Mixing and Mastering (like in Reason 4.0) which will also include their Templates (Optional).
4. Exporting audio as MP3..

If all this can be added i believe that it will be of a great relief to all.
Please, if you support the idea kindly post your comment to share more views join me in the campaign VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD!!!

Thank you.


Last edited by SteveBounce; 2009-05-14 at 23:18.
  #2  
Old 2009-05-14, 04:32
Monkatron's Avatar
Monkatron Monkatron is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 402
I SECOND THE audio units and Vst support .. and get some better effect devices already
  #3  
Old 2009-05-14, 16:37
62gala 62gala is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
I also agree Vst.
  #4  
Old 2009-05-15, 21:50
fgitler's Avatar
fgitler fgitler is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkatron View Post
I SECOND THE audio units and Vst support .. and get some better effect devices already
I think the RV-7000 is great.
The scream distortion is under-acclaimed and really versatile.
__________________
-------------------

music at: http://soundcloud.com/techdef
or http://techdef.bandcamp.com/

mixes are up at http://www.mixcloud.com/techdef/
theatrical sound design blog at http://thtrsnd.wordpress.com/
  #5  
Old 2009-07-26, 23:52
mattias800's Avatar
mattias800 mattias800 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 723
What effects are you talking about?
__________________
mattias800/mono
Loading SoundCloud…
  #6  
Old 2009-05-15, 11:24
SteveBounce SteveBounce is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBounce View Post
Suggested Feature For RECORD

I am a crazy Fan of propellerhead Reason and i am glad to hear about the latest new product called RECORD.
Propellerhead is about to break into the music industry with the idea of this product called RECORD (as for me, i call it REASONABLE) and to do this i suggest Propellerhead take into account by adding features listed below:

1. Integrating or enabling the use of VST and AU plugins.
2. Routing or enabling the use of Hardware Sound Modules without the need of rewiring to other DAW.
3. Mixing and Mastering (like in Reason 4.0) which will also include their Templates (Optional).
4. Exporting audio as MP3..

If all this can be added i believe that it will be of a great relief to all.
Please, if you support the idea kindly post your comment to share more views join me in the campaign VST and AU plugins for Propellerhead RECORD!!!

Thank you.

If Propellerhead at the end of the day decide not to add the features we all have been asking especially having VST & AU Plugins enabled in RECORD it will be like serving Rice without Stew.
  #7  
Old 2009-05-15, 11:42
phasys's Avatar
phasys phasys is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBounce View Post
If Propellerhead at the end of the day decide not to add the features we all have been asking especially having VST & AU Plugins enabled in RECORD it will be like serving Rice without Stew.
I haven't been asking that. Also, many others have not been asking that. Also, I don't even want it. Also, I do not like stew. Anyway, if you're so desperate about using your VST's, then use something else. In that case, Reason or Record is just not for you.
  #8  
Old 2009-05-16, 00:52
SteveBounce SteveBounce is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 28
I THINK YOU SOUND VERY MUCH NOT FROM THE AGE OF GOOD MUSICAL PRODUCTION AS WE ALL KNOW THAT FLEXIBILITY IS WHAT MATTERS MOST IN THE INDUSTRY.
WITH PROPELLERHEADS ADDING OUR REQUESTED FEATURES THEN BEYOND THE SKY IS THEIR LIMIT.
HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE ONE OF FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE SATISFY WITH NO NEED FOR VST or AU PLUGIN SUPPORT THEN I SEE NO NEED MAKING UNNECESSARY COMMENT.
  #9  
Old 2009-07-26, 20:14
avaktar avaktar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5
phasys, I've seen your posts all across the forums putting down the people requesting VST. It is great that Record and Reason in their present incarnation do everything you need for your music creation. I can't understand why you feel so threatened by a segment of the market that wants to purchase Record, which you love and support. These potential customers are the ones debating whether or not to spend their money right now, because they've spent it on Cubase and Pro Tools already.

A lot of people are looking to step away from these other DAWs. More people want to jump on this awesome bandwagon that is Record. If you can't think objectively, keep your negativity to yourself.
  #10  
Old 2009-08-06, 03:14
facher83's Avatar
facher83 facher83 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaktar View Post
phasys, I've seen your posts all across the forums putting down the people requesting VST. It is great that Record and Reason in their present incarnation do everything you need for your music creation. I can't understand why you feel so threatened by a segment of the market that wants to purchase Record, which you love and support. These potential customers are the ones debating whether or not to spend their money right now, because they've spent it on Cubase and Pro Tools already.

A lot of people are looking to step away from these other DAWs. More people want to jump on this awesome bandwagon that is Record. If you can't think objectively, keep your negativity to yourself.
I bought Pro Tools, but I honestly regreated buying it. Everything is so redundant with Reason's sequencer I honestly wish I could get my money back.

I personally think VSTs are over-rated. At least from a sampling standpoint. Plugins, maybe... but honestly, how many people come here and say "I need plugins" simply because they don't want to walk around on the other grass?

Props keep on saying that Reason IS a Virtual Instrument, and is intended to be used, ReWire, as a plugin in other Sequencers (or simply standalone). ReWire is a Props endeavour and accomplishment. Props designed ReWire so that their main app, Reason, could plug in to other apps, so that those other app's features could be used with Reason.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Record can you use third party plugins? fuzzySP General Forum (read only) 8 2010-01-07 03:21
Why Record will nuke the competition beatmincer Phead User Forum (read only) 61 2009-09-22 00:58
note lanes “on the fly” when in record mode dekaeoco General Forum (read only) 2 2008-05-30 15:49
Reason and Drumkat- how to record? waynec Phead User Forum (read only) 1 2007-07-22 05:19
Cannot Record Triggers in Redrum digistrug General Forum (read only) 2 2004-09-24 11:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:06.