Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-09-24, 11:21

Delete Demo to install Reason?

Hi,

I was a Reason Adapted (ver. 2.5) for many years. However, I have decided to jump ship from my old DAW and go the Record+Reason+Refills route.

Here's the facts.

I recently got a new macbook pro. I never put my old (ancient) copy of Reason Adapted on it. I did however download the Reason Demo and the Record Demo. Both come with Libraries that are not complete.

This week I ordered the Reason upgrade and the Rhythm Combo refill pack. I couldn't order Record for Reason owners because I hadn't actually registered the upgrade for Reason.

Now then. Here's the question. Would it be a good idea to delete all of the Reason demo stuff on my laptop before I install everything. I'm afraid that I will have demo sound libraries hanging around on my hard disk, so to prevent this I figured I would start from a clean slate. Is this advised or does Reason recognise the fact I already have demo installed.

Anyways, looking forward to it.

Thanks in anticipation
Old 2009-09-24, 13:57

You might as well delete/uninstall those. No reason (hah!) to keep them on your system if you install the full product. It just takes up unnecessary space.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU