Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2009-10-07, 21:07
ihavebluehands

First 3 songs mixed and mastered in Record/First impressions

I didn't think there would be anything that could separate me from my beloved Pro Tools, but now I can't imagine ever going back. I've used PTLE in conjunction with Reason for years but the symbiotic nature of Record makes it almost too easy to make great sounds. My latest work can be found here:

http://www.myspace.com/ihavebluehands

The top song in there was done beginning to end in Record... the other two were started on Pro Tools but were tweaked, mixed, and mastered in Record. Enjoy!

I pretty much have nothing but positive things to say about Record, but I was annoyed by a few things:

- Can't automate the SSL mixer? At least I couldn't figure it out.
- I actually think this might be a Vista problem, but after I press stop on the transport, my trackpad becomes unresponsive for like 3-4 taps. Weird.
- I really miss not being able to reverse a waveform or applying other effects so I don't have to add/tweak a new plug in
- I know these have been listed ad nauseum, but auto tune, VST support, and a frequency analyzer would really take it to the next level
- While I can live without those, I really hope the next version comes with a more sophisticated delay. I hate having to spider the crap out of my tracks just so I can filter the delay
- There's a button to make the left or right loop bracket come to the current position... I wish there was one to make the current position go to the left or right loop bracket. Hope that makes sense.
- I couldn't find a way to sum two mono tracks into a stereo. It sucked having to wire together all the L/R mono files I imported from Pro Tools so I could put effects on them.

These are all pretty small though. I love the program... I hope you like what I did with it. -BH
Old 2009-10-07, 21:26

I really enjoyed your songs !!
great music !
ehm...would you like to record a track to my new progrssive house beat "Dreams"??...because I really like your voice and you sing amazing !
If you're interrested, just tell me. I added you on myspace.
(www.myspace.com/djdephman)

Peace DJ Dephman

/===============================================\
> my Dubstep tracks: http://soundcloud.com/danielbaseline <
\===============================================/

Old 2009-10-08, 06:03
ihavebluehands

Thanks for the feedback and the subscribe on myspace. I have to give your stuff a listen but i'd love to collaborate in the future.
Old 2009-10-08, 09:58

Just listening to your first tune. Very nice. Your sound remind me a little of Suffjan Stevens.
Old 2009-10-09, 13:24

To automate the mixer, hi light a channel, then create a mixer channel and it will be in your seq window. With the mixer track hi-lighted in the seq window go to EDIT, and select automation and a list of stuff comes up. Hope that helps. Took me a while to work it out LOL.

If it's an audio track you already have the mixer channel in the seq window.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:31

Some very nice stuff. Nice production as well.

I know exactly what you mean about PT, as I have been doing the same thing with Reason and PT for years myself. Record seems so much easier! The real downer for me is not being able to use my plug-ins. This alone will keep me, for the time being, attached to PT.

I like all your stuff and will look forward to more.

KIBEJA

CD "Harvest Song" available at : CD Baby - iTunes
Old 2009-10-08, 05:58
ihavebluehands

It's certainly more stable and delivers on its goal of being oriented toward the musician rather than just the producer--although i'm having difficulty differentiating the two lately. Thanks for listening.
Old 2009-10-07, 22:21
panos

The cycle is the best song in other songs i have hear in the forum.
Old 2009-10-07, 23:11

Hi,

love your voice and overall composition and production.

very nice work. I'll look out for future releases.

Pete
Old 2009-10-08, 05:53
ihavebluehands

Thank you sincerely.