Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-12-21, 23:19

Reaper v Record

I fired up Reaper tonight. Zero Latency. Riffworks - Zero Latency Audacity - Zero Latency!!!

THe problem seems to be Record. I'm bummed that I've spent so many hours on this and still have problems.

Can I use REason with Reaper does anyone know???? Its simpler to use and works great with my POD farm.

After another fruitless night messing around with my Laptop instead of playing, I'm binning it. I would not recommend this software to anyone.

If I can figure out how to use REason with REaper I'll move over to that and buy a full licence. Just hacked off I've WASTED money on Record.

Not a happy camper tonight

REading a lot of threads, theres loads of us have bought Record on the strength of some magazine articles.

You live and learn. I'm glad loads are enjoying it. Just wish it was me.,
Old 2009-12-21, 23:25

Yes u can use reason via rewire into reaper.
Old 2009-12-21, 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight1 View Post
Yes u can use reason via rewire into reaper.
I'm thinking. Use what I know and slowly learn Record. I reckon its never a good idea to buy the first run of a new software.

I am new to this. Whats rewire?????

I am running a UX2 and POD Farm. I open POD Farm and Reaper. I play, I record. Happy days. Thats what I wanted from Record but with the seamless link to Reason.

Thanks

Maybe I've just been unlucky but theres a lot of threads with folks not happy. I hope Proppellerhead are taking note.

THey sell the product as seamless with Line 6. Its not.
Old 2009-12-21, 23:50

You can do that but it sure ain't easy or smooth workflow :roll:

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2009-12-22, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyzak View Post
I fired up Reaper tonight. Zero Latency. Riffworks - Zero Latency Audacity - Zero Latency!!!

THe problem seems to be Record. I'm bummed that I've spent so many hours on this and still have problems.

Can I use REason with Reaper does anyone know???? Its simpler to use and works great with my POD farm.

After another fruitless night messing around with my Laptop instead of playing, I'm binning it. I would not recommend this software to anyone.

If I can figure out how to use REason with REaper I'll move over to that and buy a full licence. Just hacked off I've WASTED money on Record.

Not a happy camper tonight

REading a lot of threads, theres loads of us have bought Record on the strength of some magazine articles.

You live and learn. I'm glad loads are enjoying it. Just wish it was me.,
Hmm; Record has no latency issues - chances are that you are using the Primary Sound Driver, you need to switch to the ASIO one. I can happily run with 2ms latency in Record, and that's with a fairly low priced card
Old 2009-12-22, 00:58

Hi,

I use Record with Zero latency on Imac and Macbook. The software is outstanding (I also have Logic 9 and Ableton 8)... I haven't used either to record anything since getting Record (But I do use Logic for VST host and mastering).

It is a shame you have not been able to get this working. For me the experience was literally plug in and start playing. I would highly recommend record, it really is worth persevering to get it working.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegwatson View Post
Hi,

I use Record with Zero latency on Imac and Macbook. The software is outstanding (I also have Logic 9 and Ableton 8)... I haven't used either to record anything since getting Record (But I do use Logic for VST host and mastering).

It is a shame you have not been able to get this working. For me the experience was literally plug in and start playing. I would highly recommend record, it really is worth persevering to get it working.
I actially wish I'd bought a macbook. Hey Ho. Too late now.
Old 2009-12-22, 22:55

I haven't had any latency issues with Record or Reaper. I'm running Vista SP2 with a Presonus Inspire so it may be a Line 6 issue on some setups, or I may have gotten lucky for once. I'm not a big fan of Line 6 after having been a dealer for several years. I replaced dozens of circuit boards in amps (every single one I sold from 2001 to 2003 came back - most barely under warranty). The PODs were solid though. They really could care less about distributing Propellerheads products in the US. Their reps try to convince dealers not to carry Record since it doesn't support plugins so I can see issues in comparability popping up. Seems counterintuitive when their own software is part of Record. But I digress...
Old 2009-12-30, 20:22

Hey there, i recently posted regarding my latency issues with the .002 as an interface into my Macbook Pro, using the Core Audio drivers. Pete, can you elaborate on your setup? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...thanks much, Jeff in Boston
Old 2010-01-03, 10:06
chrispropeller

Update

No response from Propellerhead Support yet (sent email on Dec 22nd).
No further contribution from Line 6 product management to this thread.

My questions are still the same:
1. Will there be record latency compensation for wet monitoring in a future release of Record?
2. What is the recommended set-up and workflow for guitar recording and monitoring with Line 6 Studio interfaces, given their latency and the lack of record latency compensation when monitoring wet in Record?
3. What is the recommended set-up and workflow for guitar recording and monitoring with any other prosumer USB audio interface, given their latency and the lack of record latency compensation when monitoring wet in Record?