Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2009-12-28, 17:04

Question Record (or Reason 4) on Windows 7 multi-touch screens

X-Posted from Record Open Beta Forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshdukai View Post
Anyone had the chance to try either Record or Reason 4.0 with Windows 7 on a multi-touch screen, like HP's TouchSmart PC or anything similar ?

I'm curious about the behavior of these apps on a multi-touch environment.

Faders and buttons would be very natural to control, but I don't know about knobs/rotary... I guess the easiest way is like today's drag up/down the knob to rotate it right/left. Not as natural but still easier than trying to "rotate" it with the thumb or 2 fingers.
I'm still curious about this. Anyone tried it yet ?

Record/Reason 4 on Windows 7 with a multi-touch screen ?
Old 2010-01-18, 02:27

"futurescale: HP Touchsmart PC"

Apparently they use the HP Touchsmart with Reason+Record but no details about the using it with multi-touch
Old 2010-01-18, 06:57

google the term 'gorilla arms'
Old 2010-01-18, 10:17

Thanks

Touchscreen: Gorilla Arm effect

I'm interested in using it horizontally (with a multi-touch tablet like the Lenovo ThinkPad X200, HP’s TouchSmart tx2z, Fujitsu LifeBook T5010, Dell or Asus Eee PC T91MT or T101MT) or at 45º angle, like any other MIDI controller.

I can't see anyone being able to be pointing all day at a vertical screen.

There are a lot of "new" technologies that need some common sense when applied to the "real world". Multi touch is one of them.

Last edited by Koshdukai; 2010-01-18 at 11:21.
Old 2010-01-18, 18:53

A multi-touch screen laying at about a 22 degree angle on the desktop (for mixer control) and an upright monitor for arrangement is very possible. If the props added an application that was like some sort of huge combinator (essentially a software midi interface) it would give users the ability to create control patches, and open other users overlay patches. All that would be necessary in a physical keyboard then would be keys, pitch and mod wheel.

Old 2010-01-18, 19:10

I would be glad that at least Record's Main Mixer screen (window) would work well with multi-touch. At least that, but I still haven't had any way to test it, unfortunately.

Browsing (scrolling) the Rack/Sequencer through touch and quickly selecting tracks would also help (I don't see any problem there, since the only "multi-touch" aware gesture would be the Sequencer ZOOMing feature, the rest is standard point and/or drag already supported through mouse).

If there was a way to zoom the rack (or have a zoomed windows version of the selected rack device), that might help to use multi-touch for device tweaking (since some of the controls are so tiny at screen HiRes).

Last edited by Koshdukai; 2010-01-18 at 19:13.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:51
amanda88

If you want to record windows 7 screen, you can use some screen recorder, which can help you record whatever streaming video and audio files on your win7.
Old 2011-08-18, 05:10

Well, the thread was about touch-screen use with Record/Reason but thanks for the link on that screen recorder app