Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-01-03, 08:52

Question Record + BCF2000

I have a BCF2000 fader desk. I love it. In reason, I would create on master ReMix14, and lock the BCF to it. Very cool.

I just bought Record (the add-to-Reason version), and I love it...except....I can't lock my BCF to the mixing desk! sure I can lock it to the master channel, causing it to map to the various params of that channel, or I can lock it to any single channel, but short of manual assign (Which sucks), I can't map each of the faders to a seperate mixer channel automatically. There HAS to be a way to do this
Old 2010-01-03, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXDude View Post
I have a BCF2000 fader desk. I love it. In reason, I would create on master ReMix14, and lock the BCF to it. Very cool.

I just bought Record (the add-to-Reason version), and I love it...except....I can't lock my BCF to the mixing desk! sure I can lock it to the master channel, causing it to map to the various params of that channel, or I can lock it to any single channel, but short of manual assign (Which sucks), I can't map each of the faders to a seperate mixer channel automatically. There HAS to be a way to do this
Lock it to the master channel and it will control all your mixer levels.

$bcf2000 $faq

Last edited by dioxide; 2010-01-03 at 22:24. Reason: Tagged
Old 2010-01-21, 13:11

Yes, yes it will. I figured out what I had done wrong:

At the bottom of one of the mixer channels, there is a little yellow marker. This little yellow marker is called 'Remote start channel'. This needs to be on the left-most channel...otherwise it won't map the channels to the remote device (the BCF in this case).
Old 2010-01-21, 14:41

I honestly didn't have to do anything with Remote Start Channel and all that... When I first started using Record, I it found the BCF2000 as a midi device and it added it automatically. From that point, any new song I create, I simply right-click on the Master Fader channel, and select LOCK BCF. And then I can add tracks to my hearts content. And I switch between groups of 8 by pressing the L or R Preset buttons.

The little yellow marker shows which faders are being controlled by the BCF starting on the far left of the unit.

thepmpod@gmail.com
www.thepmpod.com
www.facebook.com/thepmpod
www.twitter.com/thepmpodcast
Old 2011-01-16, 03:28

YOU DA MAN or WOMAN which ever you happen to be.. you ROCK!!
Old 2011-01-16, 16:51

SamuraiZr0 - Hey, welcome to the forums! And, congratulations on winning the New Member of the Day Award for your having used the Search function right off the bat instead of just posting a question. You solved your problem immediately, and then thanked the previous posters and you have now undoubtedly helped others in the future. You are a role model!
Old 2010-01-03, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXDude View Post

Taken directly from the Record Help Files in the Help menu:

Remote controlling multiple mixer channels

The typical way of remote controlling the Main Mixer is to control the Master Section (by setting Master Keyboard Input to the Master Section track in the track list, or typically by locking your control surface). This lets you control the Master Section parameters plus mixer parameters for a number of channels (often 8 channels at a time, depending on the control surface). To define what channels to remote control at a given time, you need to set the “Remote Base Channel”.

Setting the Remote Base Channel

The first (leftmost) mixer channel controlled by Remote is called the "Remote Base Channel". The current Remote Base Channel is indicated by a yellow arrow symbol in the mixer channel strip Header section:

To change the Remote Base Channel, proceed as follows:

Select a mixer channel and select “Set Remote Base Channel” from the Edit menu or context menu.
The Remote Base Channel indicator will move to the selected mixer channel.

Alternatively, change Remote Base Channel via Remote (in steps of 1 or 8 channels).
Functions for changing the Remote Base Channel may already be mapped to buttons on your control surface - see the “Control Surface Details” pdf document. If not, you can set this up manually in the Additional Remote Overrides dialog on the Options menu - see Additional Remote Overrides... .

Remote controlling multiple mixer channels - an example

If you want to remote control several channel strips at once from your control surface, you can proceed as follows:

Select the Master Section device in the rack or the Master Section Strip in the Main Mixer.
If you want to lock your control surface to the Master Section, select “Lock Xxxxx to This Device” from the Edit menu or context menu. (“Xxxxx” represents the name of your connected control surface.) This way, you can ensure that your control surface will always control the Main Mixer, regardless of where the edit focus is.

Selecting and locking the Master Section to the connected control surface

Depending on your connected control surface, it may now be possible to control parameters of several channel strips at the same time. In this example, we’re using a control surface which has nine sliders. These sliders are configured to control one channel strip Level Fader each, plus the Master Section Level Fader.

In the picture below, the Remote Base Channel is currently set to Audio Track 1. This means we can control the Level Faders of Audio Track 1 through Audio Track 8, plus the Master Section Level Fader, with the nine sliders on the control surface:

Controlling Audio Track 1 through Audio Track 8 and Master Section from the connected control surface

On our control surface it’s possible to select next and previous Remote Base Channel in steps of 8 channels. If we click the “Next” button on our control surface, the Remote Base Channel is set to Audio Track 9 and we can now control Audio Track 9 through Audio Track 12, plus the Master Section:

Controlling Audio Track 9 through Audio Track 12 and Master Section from the connected control surface

If your control surface doesn’t have buttons already assigned for controlling Remote Base Channel selection, you can manually assign controllers for this by using the Remote Override function described in Remote Override mapping . Alternatively, select a channel strip and select “Set Remote Base Channel” from the Edit menu or context menu.

See Remote - Playing and Controlling Devices for more details about remote controlling Record . See also the “Control Surface Details” pdf document for information about parameter assignments on various common control surfaces.
Old 2010-01-03, 21:03

i have one and after I added it to my devices list, i simply right click around the Master Fader area and select Lock BFC2000 to This Device and that's it.

I have access to all the channels available, the transport buttons, pan, solo, mute, etc

I didn't have to change a thing on the unit or within Record.

thepmpod@gmail.com
www.thepmpod.com
www.facebook.com/thepmpod
www.twitter.com/thepmpodcast
Old 2010-08-16, 00:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
i have one and after I added it to my devices list, i simply right click around the Master Fader area and select Lock BFC2000 to This Device and that's it.

I have access to all the channels available, the transport buttons, pan, solo, mute, etc

I didn't have to change a thing on the unit or within Record.
Do you have a setup procedure for the BFC2000. What emulation mode and setting have you input
Old 2010-01-21, 09:29

Followed these instructions and it worked seamlessly.

The question I now have...has anyone discovered a way for the view of the channels to automatically update to correspond with whatever group of 8 channels you currently have selected? i.e. If I have 40 tracks, and I currently have my Remote Base Channel set to channel 1, and I am viewing channel one through 7 on my monitor...when I push the right "preset" button to control channels 8-15...is there a way for those channels to automatically scroll into view, or must you always drag the little square in the preview pane and drag it?