Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2010-01-24, 16:51

Lightbulb Hey Propellerhead, I love how clicking a track selects the device in the Rack, but..

Hey Propellerhead,

I love how clicking a sequencer track selects the corresponding device in the Rack, but I noticed that when you do the reverse and click a device in the Rack, the corresponding sequencer track is not selected.

Sometimes, the only way to get to the sequencer track from the device, is to bring up the Mixer and Rack views, click the device in the Rack, which puts the little red line on the corresponding Mixer channel, then click the SEQ button in the Mixer channel to be taken to the sequencer track.

This seems to be the only missing thing in navigating between the various views, the only thing that makes it somewhat frustrating at times.

If you didn't want the changing-of-the–sequencer-track to be automatic when clicking a device in the Rack, you could add a new SEQ button to Rack devices, just like the SEQ button I mentioned above that you have on Mixer channels. You wouldn't need a MIXER button on Rack devices since you can bring up the Rack and Mixer views and click a Rack device to be taken to its respective Mixer channel, but a SEQ button on the devices would solve the problem.

I only speak for myself, but I can't imagine Record users wouldn't like this sort of functionality.

Matt
Old 2010-01-24, 16:59

I also love how clicking a track selects your device in the rack but...

some times i would like to disable it so that i can toggle betweent midi devices while an audio track is being recorded...
Old 2010-01-24, 17:27

hmm, yeah.. guess they need to add a way to bypass that then
Old 2010-01-25, 13:32

That theres no button for selecting midi input when in the rack view is just beyond strange. It's like they forgot to add it somewhere in the pipe line and then didnt care to implement it later on because of the coding structure.
Old 2010-01-25, 13:47

For real, right
Old 2010-01-26, 16:40

OK so I just figured out that you can right-click the device and then click "Go to <TrackName>" to get to the associated track. I guess that's acceptable..