Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-01-30, 20:23

Record audio input problems

So I'm fairly new to Record, but I've spent about ten hours trying to figure out how I can get an audio input into that thing. No matter what I do Record fails to recognize any sort of audio input, and it's driving me crazy. Record tutorials have been singularly unhelpful, as they assume that Record recognizes your audio input.

I've got a TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6 that I'm running a guitar and a mic through, but in neither case does Record recognize any input. I know that there are people using this exact same set-up, so figuring out how to get sound has been excruciatingly frustrating. I've also tried simply plugging an input into the microphone jack. No dice. What do I have to do to get Record to recognize an audio input??

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 2010-01-30, 23:54

In the preferences on the audio page have you got the 'Audio Card Driver' setup correctly and have you got the 'Active Input Channels' turned on for the channels that you are using?
If yes, then it should just be a case of creating an audio track and selecting the audio channel that you want to record with the 'Select Audio Input' button which is found in the track list for the audio track.
Matt
Old 2010-01-31, 00:22

Not sure if you are running windows or not. But if you are, you need to use the ASIO driver, as that is the only one that will allow audio input.
Old 2010-01-31, 01:36

Note to Users: This fellow (new to the forums) posted about 4-1/2 hours ago in his User Forum duplicate thread that he had solved his problem: He stated "EDIT: this was solved when I realized that I could and should change soundcards to the TC Near driver. It's amazing what small items can do to wreak havoc if you overlook them." (I just didn't want any of you fine people to bother with this.)