Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2010-02-01, 10:34

New tune "Voyager" Orchestral

You may have noticed I'm having a try at every genre that I can and mixing them about. This is a Classical and very slightly electro piece...Enjoy

This is a piece I've been working on for a looooooong while. That's all I'll say as I have a tendancy to destroy my work in the introduction before the listeners even had a chance to so...........

Last edited by Lateshopper; 2010-02-05 at 18:26.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:07

Better get in quick then...

This is astoundingly lush production. That melody/sample (?) at the one min mark sounds great. Almost got a bit of Tubular Bells at around 1.45! What a structure/evolution in this track! Then when it all hits - BANG - instant movie score.

Love the low pulsing hits at the end, before it all kicks in again. They sound like the inside of a giant piano in the distance.

I can tell a fair bit of thought and work has gone into this track, it really shows.

Congrats on this one. Instrumental or not

Pete
Old 2010-02-01, 11:29

Cool

Yaz, this is sensational!! I'm stunned, absolutely beautiful work. Sends shivers

Definately not one to skip...loved that comment!
Old 2010-02-01, 12:20

hi yaz
i was only thinking the other day that we haven't heard anything from you for a bit....and here you are!

gurl...this is lush and really truly beautiful, i've got new speakers and this really gave me a chance to hear a piece that was different to anything else i had listened to previously...i am sure you know what its like when ya get new stuff, ya just end up playing music on it and not getting anything done!

i am trying a "new direction" which includes alot of piano work and have listened to all your tracks as a point of reference because i think you have a unique style of progression through chords/patterns.
i really like the piano phrasing in this tune,,,there is a note that hangs and doesn't quite sit with the others...its perfect!! no vocals on this one then?

fantastic work on this one mizimo! i can't critique because there is nothing to critique..i think its perrfek.
regards
danni
ps when the neighbours do their shopping later its going up full whack..and thats the only innuendo you'll get @this time of day!! x
Old 2010-02-01, 13:08

Wow, you guys are quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theauteurist View Post
Better get in quick then...

This is astoundingly lush production. That melody/sample (?) at the one min mark sounds great. Almost got a bit of Tubular Bells at around 1.45! What a structure/evolution in this track! Then when it all hits - BANG - instant movie score.

Love the low pulsing hits at the end, before it all kicks in again. They sound like the inside of a giant piano in the distance.

I can tell a fair bit of thought and work has gone into this track, it really shows.

Congrats on this one. Instrumental or not

Pete
Thanks Pete.

Lots of work and probably more will go into it. My favourite part's the "BANG" high impact bits. Eruh sample btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEnerji View Post
Yaz, this is sensational!! I'm stunned, absolutely beautiful work. Sends shivers

Definately not one to skip...loved that comment!
Hey thanks I'm glad you liked it. I nearly put it in your and Ecpros review thingy, maybe I still will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
hi yaz
i was only thinking the other day that we haven't heard anything from you for a bit....and here you are!

gurl...this is lush and really truly beautiful, i've got new speakers and this really gave me a chance to hear a piece that was different to anything else i had listened to previously...i am sure you know what its like when ya get new stuff, ya just end up playing music on it and not getting anything done!

i am trying a "new direction" which includes alot of piano work and have listened to all your tracks as a point of reference because i think you have a unique style of progression through chords/patterns.
i really like the piano phrasing in this tune,,,there is a note that hangs and doesn't quite sit with the others...its perfect!! no vocals on this one then?

fantastic work on this one mizimo! i can't critique because there is nothing to critique..i think its perrfek.
regards
danni
ps when the neighbours do their shopping later its going up full whack..and thats the only innuendo you'll get @this time of day!! x
Glad you like. Lots of compliments....I like it! I'm glad you got to try something different on your speakers. .............When you crank it up later........go steady fella, you'll go blind

Thanks alot all. It really means alot to me.

Last edited by Lateshopper; 2010-02-01 at 13:18.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:01

Wow and then wow! This is absolutely beautiful. I love the world flair to it such as the Er-Hu and flute. The percussion is beautifully crafted and the overall production is stunning. I do believe you have found a niche. More in this genre please. The recap at 5:42 takes your breath away and I found my self gazing at the picture you use on the bandcamp site and being transported. BTW, your soundcloud page wouldn't open.

This is some great work Yaz!!

Chris

CD "Harvest Song" available at : CD Baby - iTunes
Old 2010-02-01, 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBEJA View Post
Wow and then wow! This is absolutely beautiful. I love the world flair to it such as the Er-Hu and flute. The percussion is beautifully crafted and the overall production is stunning. I do believe you have found a niche. More in this genre please. The recap at 5:42 takes your breath away and I found my self gazing at the picture you use on the bandcamp site and being transported. BTW, your soundcloud page wouldn't open.

This is some great work Yaz!!

Chris
I've been worried about you hearing it as this is your speciality. I'm soooooo pleased you like this. phew! It's not my field but I really wanted to prove I could pull it off. I'm not sure if the arrangement is right but it's been a tricky job.

Thanks Chris.

Last edited by Lateshopper; 2010-02-01 at 14:20.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:53

Hi Mizimo,

This is stunningly beautiful, from beginning to end! You have crafted a work of art here.
It transported me to a distant land!

You should put it up for review. (if you want)

Peace,

Ed
Old 2010-02-01, 16:06

You could do this for a living you know.
It's a very beautiful moving piece which would be perfect as a soundtrack/score.
I thought only guitarists wrote in the key of E?
Like the lush 'intentional' bum notes at around 4.50.
For what it's worth I think this is the best thing you've done, cheers, Jim
Old 2010-02-01, 18:28

Very nice indeed. My only complaint would be the stereo positioning of things - but we all have different ideas about our tracks so feel free to ignore that comment!
I wouldn't be brave enough to do the bum note thing, so kudos to you there.
Well done.

Grum.