Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-02-10, 23:25

NNXT Control Problem

Why Cant I control the bottom part of the NNXT with my MPD32 or any other control surface? I can control everything on the top part but the bottom is off limits do any body no why? The NN19 is very funny with what you can control to. I look at the Mixer, subtractor, and everything else and see that I can control everything I need to control but when it comes down to NNXT Im limited to 7 controls and I find that to be very strang just as strang as NO MIDI OUT PLEASE HELP ME??? If this is a repeat thread I am sorry but I search all over for the answer and cant find it. I even called AKIA PRO who states that its on Propellaheads end and not there's. Well the propellahead manual says AKIA worte the remote.map file. Im just really confused at why I cant control the second half of the NN-XT. Do I need to or can I rewrite the remote.map file my self or am I stuck with JUST PADS and nothing else to use the MPD32 for because I have the AXIOM to with pads

Record 1.0
Reason 4.0.1
MPD 32 V1.03
AkaiMPD32_400.luacodec
AkaiMPD32_400.remotemap
M-Audio Axiom
M-Audio MOBILE PRE

Everything is USB.
Old 2010-02-10, 23:50

hey
just try remote overide mapping, save the song and ya done. takes awhile but you could always save the song as a template, that way its always there already programmed.
hope ya get it sorted.
regards
danni
Old 2010-02-10, 23:54

How can I even do that when nothing shows up to overide Open up your NNXT and right click any buttom and you will see
Old 2010-02-11, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzybanger View Post
How can I even do that when nothing shows up to overide Open up your NNXT and right click any buttom and you will see
oops..again. my i'm losing it today..stir crazy.
yeah man i'm a donut. just tried and hey whatta know ya right!
danni
Old 2010-02-10, 23:56

Hi,

you are not going mad or failing to do something, as far as I am aware that part of the NNXT cannot be remote controlled..... however, I can't tell you why.... so you just need to use the mouse for that.

Regards

Pete
Old 2010-02-11, 00:11

WOW Pete!!! This is the first time I wish I was going MAD Reason limits the control on both NN19 and Dr.REX and gives NO controls at all on NNXT. Having controls of the global controls only on NNXT really SUCKS. It has to be a reason for this and the only reason i can think of is to keep the sales of the MPC booming I asked the AKIA REP why would Propellahead do this??? It dosnt add up just like the NO MIDI out situation. Something is fishy about this whole thing if you ask me
Old 2010-02-11, 01:01

An alternative to using the NN-XT is to use multiple NN19s keymapped in a Combinator.

It is potentially more flexible in a lot of ways and can be fully automated. Instead of having the global controls that appear at the top of the NN-XT you have the Combinator controls which can be mapped to multiple parameters should you wish.
Old 2010-02-11, 01:31

That was pretty slick But it would still be major mouse work. The NN19 is just as limited with just a few more added controls. I would love control of sample start and sample end. Root key and those other small buttons there. Amp envelope mod envelope and everything else I use all the time