Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-02-23, 06:22
Cybix

Reason 5

Lately i've been hearing buzz about a new reason 5 (Possibly).

Can anyone even confirm that this will happen, like that there is defiantly going to be a Reason 5 and when will it be?

I love Reason 4, but I think we need a new update! Moar features!!!

Old 2010-02-23, 10:37

I supose Record is the Reason 5.
Old 2010-02-23, 10:37

A lot of people have been mistaking Record for Reason 5!! Maybe thats what you have heard!!

Last edited by Speedy909; 2010-02-23 at 10:52.
Old 2010-02-23, 12:10

Reason 5 is still coming, and we don't know when, only the Props do. Record is a different product. They said that themselves.

Me on the other hand, wants a new synth with anti-aliasing oscillators and a new sampler(Hopefully). New effects also like multiband compressor, spectrum analyzer(or maybe not)LOL, Convolution reverb, maybe beat repeat, and some Propellerheads original effects... But, they should really consider to bring a lot of cool effects, considering the POWER of Record. It would be stupid if they will not bring in some new ones.

Oh yeah, MIDI Out...LOL I mean cmon! Is the MIDI out really a threath for the company coz people wants to use their hardware and not refills??? Or maybe we can forget about the effects, and just add this feature...LOL People will go crazy if props will add this next year. Coz the thing is, some synth sounds can't be played live, some needs to be drawn(you know those complicated electro stuff), and the automations too. So it really is a must to add MIDI out. Hope Props can read this...LOL(END OF RANT)
Old 2010-02-23, 12:25

mmmmmm multitouch.
Old 2010-02-23, 12:46

Is there going to be a Reason 5...maybe now that Record is out Reason 4 is the last version and any new devices will simply be put into Record 2.0!!

Drum & Bass!! My favourite tobacco and beer!!
Old 2010-02-23, 13:32

I think so..
Old 2010-02-23, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy909 View Post
Is there going to be a Reason 5...maybe now that Record is out Reason 4 is the last version and any new devices will simply be put into Record 2.0!!
They've said that development on Reason continues. Their business model is to have to separate products that work well together--in unison. Record on it's own has very few of Reason's features right now, so new samplers, drum machines, sythns, etc would remain part of Reason.

btw Record has a couple of different Beat Repeater combis, and I think some have also been developed by Reason users.

music at: http://soundcloud.com/techdef
or http://techdef.bandcamp.com/

mixes are up at http://www.mixcloud.com/techdef/
theatrical sound design blog at http://thtrsnd.wordpress.com/
Old 2010-02-23, 17:34

I've been thinking (for a long time now) how Reason/Record tiny controls would work on a multi-touch environment and I always come to the same conclusion:

Either:
  • one has a giant MT screen/surface (to get hand-sized controls)
  • use a very low screen resolution (again, to get sizable controls)
  • a pop-up zoomed or "zoomable" version of the selected device(s?) (btw, I hate VST-like pop-ups, but I guess I wouldn't mind having'em on a multitouch screen/surface).
  • make the whole rack "zoomable"

I would love to control the rack devices directly with my fingers, it would be the closest thing to actually having the hardware version, but I'm still not sure how or if its practical as is right now.

Last edited by Koshdukai; 2010-02-23 at 17:36.
Old 2010-02-23, 23:33

Or a new combi-like device, but functions like MAX that has presets of devices already(Like faders, buttons, knobs, or even a turn table-like device) that you can just add or remove for customization purposes. That way we could just route the things we want to control, and from there we control it on the multi-touch screen.

It is really possible for Props to add that function if we based it on their approach to Reason. It would really open a lot of possibilties...