Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2010-05-08, 01:14
maniacomac

Realistics Guitars Refills - Any Suggestions ???

Hi guys!

I tried some guitar refills but they do not sound like realistic guitars at all, even patches from Reason 4 soundbanks. I would like some guitars refills that exactly sound like real guitars played. So I'm searching for very realistic electric and acoustics guitars sounds refills for free if possible. I'm kindda poor these days!

Any suggestions ? And links ?

Last edited by maniacomac; 2010-05-08 at 01:22.
Old 2010-05-08, 02:34

I think Electrified! is awesome, but it's not free.
Old 2010-05-08, 02:48
fraby

I'm also looking for some good guitar refills. I've made a couple pretty good ones with some of the standard guitars mixed with several Scream effects
Old 2010-05-08, 07:07

what ive come up with is audiowarrior's dreadnought acoustic strummer, virtual guitar VST, and real guitar VST. Wait, whats that you say? You can;t use VST plug-ins with Reason? Well, then you should try learning how to use other programs with reason in rewire mode to substitute the material you want in the song. Don't be so dedicated to Reason that you hurt your tracks but not utilitizing the wonderful features in other software as well. I use Cakewalk Sonar sometimes.
Old 2010-05-08, 07:23
maniacomac

Well I know I can use many other interesting programs or Plugins (VST-AU...) in ReWire mode with Reason 4 but this solution cost a lot of money. I could afford Reason 4 but I don't think I can invest more. I can live with Reason tones for basses, drums and strings ensemble ... but for the guitar uh! I can't get the tone I would like.
Old 2010-05-08, 15:47

Hi,

There are quite a few refills that feature classical, acoustic or electric guitars.
For free electric have a look a progtronics website http://www.progtronic.com/ scroll down the page to near the end and you can download a free guitar combinator (and I think bass and drums to).

There is an excellent Taylor guitar refill for acoustic guitar
http://reasonmx.blogspot.com/2009/05...s-refills.html

there are a few other guitar refills on the same blog

Also have a look at Reason station and Combinator HQ (just google) for a wide range of other free refills.

If you do get a copy of Reason and register on this site there is an extensive free refill section including some guitar sounds.

There are more options available if you want to buy your refills. The Sonic Reality refills acoustic/ethic instruments feature some nice nylon and acoustic guitars.

I hope some of the above helps.
Old 2010-05-08, 17:41
maniacomac

Thanks petegwatson, misfortunely The Taylor refill download link is not available anymore :-(
Old 2010-05-08, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacomac View Post
Hi guys!

I tried some guitar refills but they do not sound like realistic guitars at all, even patches from Reason 4 soundbanks. I would like some guitars refills that exactly sound like real guitars played. So I'm searching for very realistic electric and acoustics guitars sounds refills for free if possible. I'm kindda poor these days!

Any suggestions ? And links ?
I suggest you buy some software to open refills first.
Old 2010-05-09, 00:41

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacomac View Post
So I'm searching for very realistic electric and acoustics guitars sounds refills for free if possible.
If you get a guitar samples refill, the sounds that are produced will sound, believe it or not, like guitar samples.

If you want realistic guitar sounds then you need a guitar, end of. Guitar sampled refills can still be very cool of course, but you've got to have decided beforehand that you want that kind of sound, or maybe have used a REX or WAV file that you've jammed with on a sampler. But real guitar sounds, need a real guitar to generate them, and these days interfaces are going about as cheap as Refills too.

hth
B