Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2010-06-06, 23:56

Talking 10th Harmonic and Ecopro - Tower of Division

Hey there!

Finally, after a long wait, our new track is ready!
It is called "Tower of Division" and is about the world being destroyed by corrupcy, greed and hate.

You can hear it on the link below:

http://10thharmonic.bandcamp.com/tra...-of-division-2

This one is pretty long, so get prepared for some epic post-apocalyptic symphonic rock!

Feedback is as always appreciated.

Cheers,
Sondre
Old 2010-06-07, 01:52

Woah, that's pretty epic stuff, Guys! And i can definitely hear both the Muse and Radiohead connections there. This song really arouses the imagination, like so much of those bands' albums.

I like the creeping chord progression with the piano in the intro and throughout the song and the gratuitous guitar solo, 10th Harmonic! And your voice sounds so drenched with emotion, Ed, especially with the doubling and delays on there.

The outro sound sounds like a synth church organ proxy, sounds really cool. It sounds like you have a lot of control over the various build ups of epicness.
Old 2010-06-07, 06:08

Slick job ! I really liked it. Great feel throughout the mix. I thought the spacing in the drums was about right.
Very dark song with catchy lyrics. It was sung very well. Oh and I agree on the epic guitar. Nice choice of
chords. Overall a hit. A creative clap to the composition and delivery both.
Old 2010-06-07, 11:32

Hey Guys,

great song Ed and Sondre.
A very dark and nightmarish over-all vibe.Gave me the creeps.

Bass,guitar and pinao......this is a real Sondre,which will be referred to it in the future of something similar great.
Ed,i know that you know that i know...oh well...you know how to pull off elegiac epic vibes.
Defo FA.

Thanks guyz for sharing this superb song

Ingo

http://soundcloud.com/electricfusion
Old 2010-06-07, 13:43

Cool

Oh my feckin goood! And I mean Gooooood. This is awesome guys! Right from the kick off this is wonderful! Sensational stuff!!!

Cheers

Mark
Old 2010-06-07, 15:32

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag858 View Post
Woah, that's pretty epic stuff, Guys! And i can definitely hear both the Muse and Radiohead connections there. This song really arouses the imagination, like so much of those bands' albums.

I like the creeping chord progression with the piano in the intro and throughout the song and the gratuitous guitar solo, 10th Harmonic! And your voice sounds so drenched with emotion, Ed, especially with the doubling and delays on there.

The outro sound sounds like a synth church organ proxy, sounds really cool. It sounds like you have a lot of control over the various build ups of epicness.
Thank you!

I don't know why, but I seem to have a solo in almost every song I make. I guess that's good, though

The outro are actually two or three synths playing the same thing over different octaves, with the piano and vocals to create epicness.

Cheers,
Sondre

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalrain View Post
Slick job ! I really liked it. Great feel throughout the mix. I thought the spacing in the drums was about right.
Very dark song with catchy lyrics. It was sung very well. Oh and I agree on the epic guitar. Nice choice of
chords. Overall a hit. A creative clap to the composition and delivery both.
Thanks!

I'm glad you think the lyrics are catchy! I am one of the guys who prefers melody over lyrics, so it's great getting positive feedback about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsensef View Post
Hey Guys,

Bass,guitar and pinao......this is a real Sondre,which will be referred to it in the future of something similar great.
Ed,i know that you know that i know...oh well...you know how to pull off elegiac epic vibes.
Defo FA.

Thanks guyz for sharing this superb song

Ingo
Thank you Ingo!

Well, you should get used to having the creeps when you hear some of the songs for my album

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEnerji View Post
Oh my feckin goood! And I mean Gooooood. This is awesome guys! Right from the kick off this is wonderful! Sensational stuff!!!

Cheers

Mark
Thank you very much Mark!
I'm glad that you like it.

Cheers,
Sondre
Old 2010-06-07, 23:17

Really good guys! very Nice vocals and sweet solo!
Old 2010-06-07, 19:25

Hi Sondre and Ed,

Whoa! This is pretty awesome guys.

It definitely has a dark quality that I rather like. You both are kindred spirits because there are no lines of demarcation. It sounds whole, as from one voice. Great stuff!!!!

Chris

CD "Harvest Song" available at : CD Baby - iTunes
Old 2010-06-08, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixus View Post
Really good guys! Very nice vocals and sweet solo!
Thanks Ixus! Glad you like the solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBEJA View Post
Hi Sondre and Ed,

It definitely has a dark quality that I rather like. You both are kindred spirits because there are no lines of demarcation. It sounds whole, as from one voice. Great stuff!!!!

Chris
Thank you Chris! I really aprecciate it

Cheers,
Sondre
Old 2010-06-08, 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGamelord View Post
Finally, after a long wait, our new track is ready!
It is called "Tower of Division" and is about the world being destroyed by corrupcy, greed and hate.

This one is pretty long, so get prepared for some epic post-apocalyptic symphonic rock!
YEs, it took very long, but it was worth all the wait!

That bolded text describes the track perfectly Sondre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag858 View Post
Thanx Adam! well Sondre was able to convey his emotions through the music, so I felt I needed to at least match it a bit with the vox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalrain View Post
Very dark song with catchy lyrics. It was sung very well. Oh and I agree on the epic guitar. Nice choice of chords. Overall a hit. A creative clap to the composition and delivery both.
Thanks for the clap and feedback MR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsensef View Post
TY Ingo! You should've seen me when I was recording the vocals with the HPs on. There's a part in the song where the lyrics go "The birds are screaming and suffering", Sondre added an effect there that sounds like the birds were really hovering above me!...creepy stuff, but I survived though

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoMinimalisticAnimal View Post
Defo FA.
Thanks Ingo! Yes FA for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEnerji View Post
Cheers
Mark
TY Mark! I love the collab you did with Adam as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGamelord View Post
I don't know why, but I seem to have a solo in almost every song I make. I guess that's good, though
YESS!! that is better than good! your solos give the songs that needed break from monotony. They're not too over the top and they're very effective! So keep them up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBEJA View Post
Hi Sondre and Ed,

Chris
Thanks so much Chris! Kindred spirits sounds about right! It's so magical just how music can make us think and merge our musical souls into one, from such faraway places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixus View Post
Really good guys! very Nice vocals and sweet solo!
Thanx Ixux! I'm glad you like.

Ed

Last edited by ecopro; 2010-06-08 at 15:52. Reason: Typo