Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-07-07, 23:33

Busses and groups

Propellerheads creates the best softwares in the world in my opinion. But the missing tools are busses and groups to make complex mixes easier. For instance, on the SSL9000k, you can group a rhythm section of guitar, piano and organ in a song, I can't mute this section all at once in record but I can do this on the SSL9000k console, in protools software and nuendo software. In Record, I have to automate the above tracks I've mentioned only individually and this takes too much time. So I suggest to you, please make these busses and groups all possible in the next Record software 1.5 and then Propellerhead will become the industry standard in not only mine but every Reason/Record user.
Next is, Record sounds horrible when using protools via rewire, can you help me with this problem. IK Multimedia has the B4 Hammond and that is why I try to take my Record songs into protools to use the B4 Hammond organ to get the customized sounds of this instrument. I don't have this problem if I make the song in Reason which I usually do until you made Record. If you could have this instrument in Reason/Record, it would be great. Please help, thanks.
Old 2010-07-08, 04:09

+1 on busses and groups. not sure if this will happen for this release , but it prob will happen soon it is a reasonable request.
Old 2010-07-08, 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegmusic View Post
Propellerheads creates the best softwares in the world in my opinion. But the missing tools are busses and groups to make complex mixes easier. For instance, on the SSL9000k, you can group a rhythm section of guitar, piano and organ in a song, I can't mute this section all at once in record but I can do this on the SSL9000k console, in protools software and nuendo software. In Record, I have to automate the above tracks I've mentioned only individually and this takes too much time. So I suggest to you, please make these busses and groups all possible in the next Record software 1.5 and then Propellerhead will become the industry standard in not only mine but every Reason/Record user.
Next is, Record sounds horrible when using protools via rewire, can you help me with this problem. IK Multimedia has the B4 Hammond and that is why I try to take my Record songs into protools to use the B4 Hammond organ to get the customized sounds of this instrument. I don't have this problem if I make the song in Reason which I usually do until you made Record. If you could have this instrument in Reason/Record, it would be great. Please help, thanks.
Don't know why Record sounds different in ReWire for you, it plays perfectly here...

B3 in Reason? I asked the same question and when I found no answer, I made this:

http://baumanproductions.com/SeligProductions.html
Old 2010-07-09, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegmusic View Post
This issue was bought up several times in several threads. Yes, busses are missing.

Can you describe what you mean by sounding horrible? I can hardly imagine such thing
except there is simply some bug.
Old 2010-07-09, 10:57

busses and groups are possible in reason+record: build it up for your own with normal mixer! so the mixers are the busses and on the ssl console are the groupchannels.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
busses and groups are possible in reason+record: build it up for your own with normal mixer! so the mixers are the busses and on the ssl console are the groupchannels.
that is possible, it's only that this takes some time and could be realized in
a much simpler way. Just like in a analogue console, you may have a buss section on the
right side of the mixer with faders for every buss stereo pair. I would like to
see that in Record. You also would be able to track the signal flow better (with your eyes I mean).