Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2010-07-16, 08:59

SAVING CUSTOM SSLchannel strips

There are many settings for the SSL that i use constantly and its a pain having to go back and set each strip every session. Maybe a way to save and select CUstom channel strips would be even more user friendly
Old 2010-07-16, 21:01

+1 here are my 10 characters
Old 2010-07-16, 23:33

Gotta +1 this myself. I'm almost ALWAYS going to roll off the low end, etc.
Old 2010-07-17, 01:27

Create your own custom template song file and save in the "Template Songs" folder?
Old 2010-07-17, 02:44

this would be a really helpful feature!
Old 2010-07-17, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinupe View Post
There are many settings for the SSL that i use constantly and its a pain having to go back and set each strip every session. Maybe a way to save and select CUstom channel strips would be even more user friendly
very strange. I never need this since every case needs different settings, so presets don't help me at all.
Same as to have mastering presets, the biggest BS ever.

cheers
Old 2010-07-17, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123bpm View Post
very strange. I never need this since every case needs different settings, so presets don't help me at all.
Same as to have mastering presets, the biggest BS ever.

cheers
The template is only a starting point, from which you can start your own tweaking if required. Much like the mastering templates that come with Reason they give you a general starting point.

Besides in a scenario where you have two very similar songs in a genre like Trance and with much the same instrumentation (just different arrangement). I can imagine templates will be a blessing.
Old 2010-07-17, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123bpm View Post
... presets don't help me at all. Same as to have mastering presets, the biggest BS ever...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nites View Post
The template is only a starting point... Much like the mastering templates that come with Reason... where you have two very similar songs... I can imagine templates will be a blessing.
The subject of “template presets” initiated an interesting discussion: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=126200 , starting about Post #30. I agree with nites’ philosophy. I’ve made a starting file, but I typically use a previous similar song as my starting point. That way, I’m not “reinventing the wheel” after much work in creating it already, but I do “remold the wheel” for that new vehicle (musical vehicle, that is).
Old 2010-07-17, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nites View Post
The template is only a starting point, from which you can start your own tweaking if required. Much like the mastering templates that come with Reason they give you a general starting point.

Besides in a scenario where you have two very similar songs in a genre like Trance and with much the same instrumentation (just different arrangement). I can imagine templates will be a blessing.
I really don't want to start a discussion about this. It's just that there is no "sound better" preset or whatever. It doesn't exist. Every track needs different treatment, thats the only rule. Just give me an example for trance what you have to do with "standard settings". In Reason you often have lack of presence range, thats the only thing what comes to my mind. Cutting the low end of synths etc. is fine, but every synth needs different cut or no cut at all. Otherwise everything will sound either muddy or this thin plastic sound without lower mids, what I hate so much. And then doing this cut takes you a few seconds without any preset. And then there are masters where you don't have to EQ at all. So why you need some preset there? Any good mix requires minimum correction. And then you also run the risk just to work against your bad room acoustics. There hardly anything you have to solve in the master what you cannot solve in the mix, except some mix compression and making it louder with the limiter. So since mastering is mainly to get a better balanced mix (+ the loundess thing), there is no preset which knows what your mix requires. One guy mixes with too much bass, the next one with too little bass etc.

Last edited by 123bpm; 2010-07-17 at 20:50.
Old 2011-07-07, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinupe View Post
Will be fine

AND saving extra / seperate: EQ and dynamics-settings.
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------