Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2010-08-29, 13:12

What sucks more than Neptune ? Propellerheads customer service.

Reason 6 will be gettin released by the time they get round to dispatching my order by the looks of things. PS . Neptune is THE WORST Auto tuner ever made, it doesn't work properly.
Old 2010-08-29, 13:47

OK.

I've just cancelled my order - thanks for the heads up.
Old 2010-08-29, 13:49
Kronsteen

Like a lot of Record/Reason modules, it has its own idiosyncratic way of working, which if you don't understand it makes it seem useless.

Propellerheads don't help matters by often not properly explaining what you can do and how to do it - they expect you to figure things out for yourself. But they don't make substandard modules - if they did, then a closed (VST-less) environment like Reason would have been abandoned long ago by its users.

When I was messing around with the Record 1.5 Beta, the worst I could say about Neptune was it had a latency of around fourteen milliseconds on my laptop.
Old 2010-08-29, 13:59

We've still not heard many examples of Neptune beyond that now infamous Propellerhead's video & a couple of really bad sounding demos people have linked to. We need to see/hear more of it.
Old 2010-09-11, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
We've still not heard many examples of Neptune beyond that now infamous Propellerhead's video & a couple of really bad sounding demos people have linked to. We need to see/hear more of it.
Your not gonna see more cause thats all it does.
Old 2010-09-12, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayone View Post
Your not gonna see more cause thats all it does.
Actually you WILL see more. I will be doing one for a 52 tips video soon.. and since the vocal I am processing was NOT recorded with Neptune in mind.. you will see and hear just how good it is.

Honestly.. all this talk about Neptune not working correctly/sounding bad is so misleading.. It is an instrument. And just like any instrument.. you can't expect to just pick it up and play it like a pro without any practice/knowledge.
Old 2012-11-03, 22:34

I use it for drums, that is all
Old 2010-09-13, 22:47

Dont really understand any of this.. just use Antares.. are people serious just using Props s-ware on it's lonesome? You can run Ableton and Record + VST at once you know.. best of all worlds
Old 2010-08-29, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by richymoore View Post
Reason 6 will be gettin released by the time they get round to dispatching my order by the looks of things. PS . Neptune is THE WORST Auto tuner ever made, it doesn't work properly.
I just ritually burned all my Propellerhead software, including the free stickers that I got. Thanks for saving me from their evil claws.

Seriously though, grow a brain.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2010-08-29, 16:43

(hmmmm... can someone link me a valid link to point me WHERE ROPOLLERHEAD TOLD THAT NEPTUNE WAS AN AUTOTUNER ??????)

please.
Loading SoundCloud…