Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-09-10, 21:01
checksum

Real Drum beats?

Hi,
I am very new to Reason and the whole sampling thing. I am wondering if there is a good refill for studio drums? The real sound Im after would be Beatles. I know they are not known for Heavy Hard Hitting drums. If not a 60's vintage drum sound then Im looking for a standard "Rock n Roll" drum sound. Id prefer something that has little beats already made up that I can sync together. But something that also has the individual drums so I can do my own.
Can anyone help a brotha out?
Old 2010-09-10, 21:24

Nice Username!
Old 2010-09-10, 21:54

Reason Drum Kits 2 available in the ReFills area.
Old 2010-09-10, 21:56

Well, the closest thing I've been able to find is this rex pak from Sonic Reality http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1703.
It leans a little more towards Zeppelin and stuff, but it's still a good variety of real drums, all recorded pretty unprocessed, so you'd maybe want to add some limiter/compression/etc. for the full-on Beatles style.
Old 2010-09-10, 22:29

Maybe ou can try googeling for som drum sounds...i did...and found loads of free samples. It took a few hours to browse around, but it was worth it.
I found both accoustic and electronic drums in many varieties
Old 2010-09-11, 00:21
checksum

Are those Reason 2.0 Drums loops?
Old 2010-09-11, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by checksum View Post
Are those Reason 2.0 Drums loops?
No, they are very well sounding samples carefully organized in instruments. The layout of samles basically follows the General MIDI standards, so any MIDI-drumtrack for any GM drumset will work.
The refill also comes with several awesome sounding MIDI files (performances) which - i guess - you could call "MIDI loops" for the package.
All in all - awesome stuff!
Old 2010-09-12, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by checksum View Post
Hi,
I am very new to Reason and the whole sampling thing. I am wondering if there is a good refill for studio drums? The real sound Im after would be Beatles. I know they are not known for Heavy Hard Hitting drums. If not a 60's vintage drum sound then Im looking for a standard "Rock n Roll" drum sound. Id prefer something that has little beats already made up that I can sync together. But something that also has the individual drums so I can do my own.
Can anyone help a brotha out?
Would suggest the soul school refill to you, awesome drums both in the loop player and sampled individually with that "old desk" sound about them. Although maybe closer to the Mitch Mitchell sound than Ringo but vintage drum soundwise the best I've ever came across and I been producing a long time. I have mapped out full kits on it too, when you play the keyboard drums with them its a close to a real drummer as a keyboard will ever sound, you get snare rattle off the toms etc, makes for that really realistic ambient noise whehn being battered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efYVfl9YPEc

http://www.youtube.com/user/richymoore?feature=mhum
Old 2010-09-12, 14:22

Don't forget that purchasers of RDK 2 also can download RDK Vintage Drums, a really cool mono drums refill, which has a very 60s vibe.