Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2010-10-16, 14:31
willbear

Music Production Courses/Degrees in the UK?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any music production or technology courses or degrees, full or part time in the UK?

Like most of you music production is something that i am obsessed with and would love to study it in greater detail.

I am 19 and a student so i'm not in a full time job so want to do a music production course/degree when i finish.

I'd really appreciate the producers in this forums opinion

Thanks a lot
Old 2010-10-16, 15:09

I'm not from the UK but from this school I heared.

http://www.pointblanklondon.com/
Old 2010-10-16, 15:52
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbear View Post
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any music production or technology courses or degrees, full or part time in the UK?

Like most of you music production is something that i am obsessed with and would love to study it in greater detail.

I am 19 and a student so i'm not in a full time job so want to do a music production course/degree when i finish.

I'd really appreciate the producers in this forums opinion

Thanks a lot
I'm a graduate of LIPA in Liverpool. They have a degree program in sound technology. I graduated in 1999 so I don't know what it's like now but the head of the program, Jon Thornton, is still running it and he's awesome so it's probably still tops.
Old 2010-10-16, 19:56

I think University of Huddersfield do some....

http://www2.hud.ac.uk/courses/subjectlist.php?type=MUS
Old 2010-10-17, 12:52
willbear

Thanks a lot
Old 2010-10-17, 15:09

Point Blank in London,, took care of me,, i used their online facility,,, and i twas money very well spent,,,the tutors/advice/class/structure is,,top,, i could not say enough about them,,,top people..worth looking into...if you are serious about it..good luck.
Old 2010-10-17, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiarii View Post
I think University of Huddersfield do some....

http://www2.hud.ac.uk/courses/subjectlist.php?type=MUS
They certainly do - I graduated last summer with a BSc in Popular Music Production. The first year was more or less a chance to bring everyone up to speed before things kicked off properly in the second and third years. My final year was a lot tougher than the first two years, but I hear they've re-balanced the workload in the second and third years so that's probably changed.

I liked it, but my course was technically an engineering course - there are plenty of similar courses run through the music department which might be more up your street, depending on what you're after.

I learned a load from the course, thanks in part to having an awesome tutor and supervisor in my final year. Good luck with finding a course that suits you, anyway.