Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2010-10-30, 05:06

Record for Reason Owners 1.5 licensing question (Reason 5 license missing?)

I currently own Reason 4. This makes me eligible to use RfRO 1.5. I must be doing something incorrectly during the installation procedure.

I installed from the disks for Record 1.5 and Reason 5. I then try to use the Authorizer to get the new software configured. Under the product registration section of my Props account, I see Reason 4 and Record 1.5. I also have transferred these licenses to my Ignition Key. I don't seem to have a license for Reason 5. When I launch Record, it complains about Reason 5 being unlicensed and can only run Record without Reason devices enabled.

I have tried to surf around the forums for previous posts, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any ideas how I get Reason 5 licensed?

Thanks very much!
Old 2010-10-30, 14:30

Has your Reason 5 license appeared yet?
Old 2010-10-30, 19:02

No, I don't see a Reason 5 license. Should it just appear under my Registered Products list in my account? I only see licenses for Reason 4 and Record 1.5. At what point does the Reason 5 license become visible?

Thanks!
Old 2010-10-30, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter View Post
No, I don't see a Reason 5 license. Should it just appear under my Registered Products list in my account? I only see licenses for Reason 4 and Record 1.5. At what point does the Reason 5 license become visible?

Thanks!
You didn't get a new license with your software?

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2010-10-30, 19:15

In the RfRO 1.5 box, I got:
* license number for RfRO on a card the size of a DVD case
* Reason 5 DVD
* Record 1.5 DVD
* Ignition Key
* bunch of stickers and Record and Reason intro manuals

Is this a packaging error? Should I have received a Reason 5 license number in the box?

Reason 5 asks me for a license number when I try to launch it. (I tried to enter my Reason 4 license number in case it would upgrade it somehow, but that failed.)
Old 2010-10-30, 21:02

Record for Reason Owners is a sidegrade and is registered as a new product. When you use the key provided it will link to an existing Reason license and upgrade it if required.

Did you register it here https://www.propellerheads.se/prodRe...s&fromMenu=Yes and select Record 1.5 for Reason Owners from the drop down?

The Reason license should appear under 'Your products' if an upgrade is required. It wasn't for mine when I bought Record 1.0 for Reason Owners as I already owned Reason 4.