Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2010-12-06, 20:21

Cool Remix my tune with R & R and win our Drumhead Refill

I'm calling people out to remix my latest tune "Till We Flow"

So download the Record file and remix it the way you want. When you're done, upload your Record file and send a download link to my e-mail address deepndark @ mail.com.

The Rules:

1) The Record file can't be bigger than 60mb
2) You can't use NNXT or NN19 - however you can use the Reason synths and Redrum & Kong.
3) Please make a 320kbps mp3 as well just in case, maybe my dualcore can't handle your Record file.
4) The lenght of the tune can't be more than 5 minutes long.

That's it - the deadline is 20th December - I will announce the winner as soon as I've heard all the enrties.

The winner will get a copy of DopeTank's Drumhead Refill.

A bit some info about this tune:
The master combi on the top of the song has an "Air-maker" effect chain that I tried for the first time.
As you see I have quiet a many EQ's etc. This is not always the case but sometimes I go a bit crazy with the master section.

DOWNLOAD THE Record File HERE: http://www.freewebtown.com/nitrostat...%20Flow.record

Happy remixing and good luck!!
Old 2010-12-06, 22:47

mh? you use the 4 band compression with standart values but it sounds great anyway? what about adjusting them to make it even better?

I wonder how multiband was archived best. how do you split the frquencies. which band has what kind of ratio, treshold, attack and release. any good tutorials about this?

whatever, great tune.
Old 2010-12-07, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhse View Post
mh? you use the 4 band compression with standart values but it sounds great anyway? what about adjusting them to make it even better?

I wonder how multiband was archived best. how do you split the frquencies. which band has what kind of ratio, treshold, attack and release. any good tutorials about this?

whatever, great tune.
Yes that's the 4 band parallel compression which has been splitted with the stereo imagers. I guess I could go inside the combi and adjust every band differently, i'll look into it tomorrow. I dunno any tutorials about it except that Janes Bernard made something about parallel compression. I tend to listen to the sound and do what I wanna hear - then just tweak and experiment till I'm happy.

Cheers & Thanks!

Heikki
Old 2010-12-07, 00:28

Yeahr, where to split the frequencies is also a good question for me. But my question was ,ore pointed to the different compression settings for each band. I hope someone can help us, I guess to have the treshold all the way down is not the perfect solution. And I guess for the hi-band you need to have faster attack times as for the lo-band. But this is only what I think...

Hope well get utorials.

Last edited by Truhse; 2010-12-07 at 00:30.
Old 2010-12-07, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhse View Post
Yeahr, where to split the frequencies is also a good question for me. But my question was ,ore pointed to the different compression settings for each band. I hope someone can help us, I guess to have the treshold all the way down is not the perfect solution. And I guess for the hi-band you need to have faster attack times as for the lo-band. But this is only what I think...

Hope well get utorials.
Hey Truhse,

Here's a link to all the James Bernard tutorials (so far). I'm betting you'll find something in there to help you with your quandary.

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=132632

Chris

CD "Harvest Song" available at : CD Baby - iTunes
Old 2010-12-07, 12:06

Unfortunatley not. The details I like to learn more about, I have not found there yet. I never seen he told us what ratio the high band need or similar as an example. Of course this will be different from tune to tune, but an overall advice if you should compress bass more than hights or any hint that will help.

He told us that multibandcompression will help us to make our tune sound better, but no more details as far as I remember.

However, many thanks for the help. I have to trust my ear I guess.

Last edited by Truhse; 2010-12-07 at 12:12.