Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2010-12-30, 20:44

Smile midi mappings for Akai APC 20 and APC 40

As far as I've seen reason/record do not support the APC 20 or APC 40 from Akai as a really useful input device. Both controllers send out standard midi messages like documented here: http://www.akaipro.com/apc40map (the APC20 is just missing some of the APC40 controls).

I think that even though they were designed to work with some other software, they could be a very nice addition to a reason live performance setup. (e.g. starting DrRex loops, playing kong, programming Redrum, playing notes/chords on chromatic scales etc.)

Of course one can do some extensive remapping of messages with midiox to get a very nice setup but imho it would be even better, if Reason (5.0.2) would have some nice default mappings for those devices.
Old 2010-12-31, 00:51

It would be pretty badass if we could use the apc 40 to control record's mixer.

If you've checked out hanz's scripts then you know how great it would be if someone could pull something like that off with reason/record. Shoot I'd be happy to donate for a project like this.

I wish I would have bought the ohm 64, since it is supported by reason. Got just thought how great it would be to have a crossfader in reason. As always I'm torn between making reason in ableton (but with perfect stability) or keeping it different and just rewiring?! It's hard for me not to want session view, or something like the FL midi trigger point in the sequencer.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:57

bump

Does anybody know if Reason 6 will have mappings for the APC-20/40? It would be great if one could easily use all those buttons to toggle virtual buttons in reason via midi override.
Old 2013-01-13, 23:06

Hummm... I'm looking to create a Remote Map of the APC40 for Reason 6.5. But right now, I must first start the project.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:42

That would be awesome! I hope you succeed in your endeavours, and I look forward to seeing the results.
PS. The APC's does in fact work rather perfectly with the amazing tracker Renoise, using the Duplex-script.
Old 2013-05-20, 00:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janvier View Post
Hummm... I'm looking to create a Remote Map of the APC40 for Reason 6.5. But right now, I must first start the project.
Janvier, did you get somewhere with this project?
Old 2013-05-20, 13:39

MPKmini too!