Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-05-05, 05:24

Exclamation Death metal song

I'm primarily a drummer. When I'm not playing drums I like to play a little guitar, bass and do some vocals here and there. Since I'm not in a band right now Reason and Record are an awesome way to let the creativity flow. Here's a really rough death metal song I made called "Steadfast". Check it out and let me know what you think! If you don't like death metal you probably won't like it

http://soundcloud.com/futures_collapse/steadfast
Old 2011-05-05, 18:44

okay. here's my take on metal - it's so bad for me. when i listen to it i keep on wanting to drive really fast or just run around the kitchen and throw plates on the floor. or throw cute stuffed animals into a big bonfire !!! i used to listen to lots of metal a few years back and i slowly stopped and tried to listen to more peaceful music.

but every time i hear metal like this i keep wanting to break stuff again! when i heard your song i got that strange rush of energy and i picked up my lamp off the desk and threw it out the window !!!!!!

anyways your track is awesome. you should find a band really fast - you're very talented! even the vocals are goood although who the heck knows what the lyrics are...but then again it is metal so....hahahah
Old 2011-05-06, 03:06

hahaha! I had no idea where you were going with that but thanks a lot! I have a lot of fun playing stuff on my down time and plan on getting better at it. I definitely know that metal - especially death metal - isn't for everyone. I am not into the culture or anything but can't help absorbing myself with it. My wife hates it and most of my friends don't like it, but I guess as long as I embrace what I'm in to is all that matters. Thanks again and keep it up with your stuff. I checked out some of your songs are they're sounding great!
Old 2011-05-06, 13:03

Had to check this out since I'm big time death metal lover. \m/

Okay, I have no intention to sound harsh at all, but TBRH it sounds more like hard rock than metal to me. Seeing a title like "Death metal song", I really expected it to be much more violent, as in heavier guitar distortion and some crazier, more "in your face" drumming style. I'm not saying it's a bad song and I actually have no reproach to do on the technical side, it just doesn't sound like what I expected it to. Death metal includes a lot of substyles however and we possibly don't share the same references (I'm more into the brutal death/goregrind branch).

Vocals on the other hand are great ! IMO they aren't ridiculous at all like you say. In fact, this is exactly the kind of vocals I'd include in my own songs (I compose death metal too, although in a way that is probably very different from yours. That's not to pretend my stuff is any better than yours, obviously ).

Anyway, looking forward to hear your next song !