Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-05-22, 08:12

A few pricing questions for REASON.

I am a student who is quite interested in purchasing REASON5, however, I have some questions.

While I read the Educational FAQ, I was still a bit unclear on how to actually purchase a student license. The shop didn't seem to list a Student option, but this may be because I didn't step through an actual purchase. Still, I'd like to know what the prices are and how to initiate that.

The second question is in regards to "Competitive" side-grades. I just recently spent a sizable sum on SONAR X1 Producer, and wanted to know if you offered high end competitor based upgade pricing? If so, what would be more advantageous for me, student or upgrade pricing?

Lastly, what limitations does the student version have attached to it? Does it still come with the drum and thor modules, for instance.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
Old 2011-05-22, 14:27

im unsure about the rest of your questions but i know there is no difference between a student version and the normal version. "The only difference is the price cut to students and teachers for the first time purchase. You become a full-fledged owner with all rights and privileges for future updates and upgrade deals"
Old 2011-05-23, 18:50

If your a student then i would deffinately get the student version, there are loads of resellers of Reason that advertise the student pricing and EDU version. Most if not all software companies offer educational software, it is always exactly the same in content as the full version but the EDU version is just a single user station leisence. You can upgrade it to a full version online and pay the differance when you want to upgrade when you hit the big time.. Or just stick to version you've got if you end up playing a tin wistle in the subway.. ;-)