Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-05-31, 23:59

Red face Simple License Transfer Question?

I have sold and am about to transfer my licenses to Reason 5 and Record 1.5.

Before I send off all the boxes and discs and transfer licenses in my account, I need to know something.

I became a Reason license holder years ago via a Reason Adapted upgrade. That led to an upgrade of the full version of Reason 4 and then an upgrade from that to the full version of Reason 5.

I also have Record via the "Record for Reason Owners" upgrade, which of course is how I acquired my license to Reason 5.

Upon transferring ownership of Reason 5 and Record 1.5 to someone else, do they need to install and register all of the earlier versions of Reason and Record for things to be legit and work properly?

In other words, upon transferring Reason 5 and Record 1.5 to them, do I also need to transfer ALL of the other foundational licenses to them? My account list separate outright licenses to Reason 4, Reason 5, Record 1, Record 1.5, and Reason Adapted.

Is current proper ownership of the current Reason/Record licenses contingent upon also holding possession of all of the earlier version licenses?

So, do I need to transfer ownership of my Reason Adapted, Reason 4 and Record 1.0 licenses to the person who bought my Reason 5 and Record 1.5 license in order for their installations of Reason 5 and Record 1.5 to work properly and for his ownership/usage of Reason 5/Record 1.5 to be legit?

Last edited by highmarcs; 2011-06-01 at 00:07.
Old 2011-06-01, 00:07

Yes, all of your licenses need to transferred to the new owner.

See here: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...e=buysell_sell

Thanks to highmarcs for his quick transfer of the Reason Pianos license that I purchased from him!
Old 2011-06-01, 00:17

Thanks smoke! That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.