Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-06-05, 17:05

insane reason bug > wont save because of supposed missing file

hi,

ive wasted lots of my time on a track because it wouldnt save.

what bullshit is this?

i`ll explain, i was busy with a track; was saving throughout the entire day; i`m used to programs malfunctioning so i save basically every 5 - 10 minutes, yes i have that much confidence in todays shitty technology.

anyway, so i didnt save for about 30 minutes, thought hey, no big deal, my laptop never crashes or whatever; so i decided to save after 45 minutes orso and suddenly reason refused to save because a supposed file is missing which isnt missing at all; wtf?

reason then suggests that i save under another name perhaps even in another folder, which then refuses to save... uh right, great advice.

so i delete the kickdrum (thinking i would replace it afterwards) only to find out that reason decides that another file is missing when i wanted to save. slightly annoyed and frustrated i delete that file only to conclude that reason yet again decides another file is missing; seriously what kind of stupid bug is this; none of the files where actually missing and all files have their boxes marked in the self-contained settings.

i`ve had this bullshit before just a couple of days ago, but it just went away, but now its back. i`m religously saving every 30 seconds to make sure i dont waste my damned time.

with my luck, nobody knows whats going on and its a special bug, especially for me.

if not; please fix this shit with a patch or something; this is just stupid...

thanks in advance.
Old 2011-06-05, 17:19

obviously, this is not in any way meant offensive; i`m just a little bit frustrated and pissed off because of a lot of edits i made and now have to do again.
Old 2012-06-30, 00:33

Missing file

I have the same issue! This needs to be fixed
Old 2012-06-30, 01:08

Do you guys maybe open samples in other apps? Windows has gotten a bit more picky about multiple apps opening the same file at the same time and might block access for applications due to this. What files exactly is it talking about? Samples? How did they get into the project? If they are from the main library, its a large file and those will be prone to disk problems first, did you check your disk from time to time?
Old 2012-06-30, 01:40

Did you sample these yourselves?
Or maybe edit some samples and now it wants you to unselfcontain and extract new samples?

Idk just brainstorming with you...not at my pc
Old 2012-06-30, 05:29

What version of Reason?
Old 2012-06-30, 05:32

Have you tried making a support ticket to Props?

Only way the bugs get fixed is if the user base makes the devs aware of the problem!
Old 2012-11-28, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkara View Post
hi,

what bullshit is this?

i`ll explain, i was busy with a track; was saving throughout the entire day; i`m used to programs malfunctioning so i save basically every 5 - 10 minutes, yes i have that much confidence in todays shitty technology.

anyway, so i didnt save for about 30 minutes, thought hey, no big deal, my laptop never crashes or whatever; so i decided to save after 45 minutes orso and suddenly reason refused to save because a supposed file is missing which isnt missing at all; wtf?

reason then suggests that i save under another name perhaps even in another folder, which then refuses to save... uh right, great advice.

so i delete the kickdrum (thinking i would replace it afterwards) only to find out that reason decides that another file is missing when i wanted to save. slightly annoyed and frustrated i delete that file only to conclude that reason yet again decides another file is missing; seriously what kind of stupid bug is this; none of the files where actually missing and all files have their boxes marked in the self-contained settings.

i`ve had this bullshit before just a couple of days ago, but it just went away, but now its back. i`m religously saving every 30 seconds to make sure i dont waste my damned time.

with my luck, nobody knows whats going on and its a special bug, especially for me.

thanks in advance.

I had this error a couple of times. I've only seen it happen on projects where I record live audio and leave the project open for about a day and come back to it to try to resave.

Luckily I never really lost any work on this bug though.
Old 2012-11-30, 21:45

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkara View Post
hi,

what bullshit is this?

thanks in advance.
what you do is open the Tool Window" select the "Song Samples" tab.... find the sample that is causing you trouble....delete it and now you should be able to save your project
Old 2012-12-01, 17:58

When I have started on an older version of the track as I lost my recent, I find a "sample 1" in the song samples in the tool window, it is under unassigned samples.
I have never made, imported or used any sample 1. I use a lot of samples and I always name them to what they are.
I have never had a sample 1 since I started using samples and then I quickly realized that not naming your samples was not the way to go.

So why would there suddenly be a sample one?
I exported it and it is app 2 seconds long 1.6 MB AIFF and no sound at all.

So then the question is where does it come from?
I mainly use REX loop player in kong as samplers.