Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-07-14, 00:49

VST plug-in support request and discussion thread

I just want to let how will vst support enable you to make better music. Let's discuss.

[Edit by Leo: if this looks confusing, it's because I've merged a number of threads discussing the same subject into this one. Please do not start a new thread for every new point you'd like to bring to this discussion.]

Last edited by Leo; 2011-07-20 at 15:36.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:52

And a related question...why would someone who feels the need for VSTs waste their time and money on Reason?
Old 2011-07-14, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixandberg View Post
And a related question...why would someone who feels the need for VSTs waste their time and money on Reason?
exactly... most people know reason can host vsts.. then again most people are wannabe beat makers who get the program cracked. anyware and majority of the vst they have are cracked as well. along with the waves plugins it cracks me up.
Old 2011-07-14, 01:47

Quote:
and a related question...why would someone who feels the need for vsts waste their time and money on reason?
bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!! Thread closed! Lol hahahahahhh

Quick note you and MediaAVI have the coolest avatars, I am so so jealous lol hahahah

Last edited by Danoc; 2011-07-14 at 01:50.
Old 2011-07-14, 01:50

You can spend a lot of time claiming you are learning the software before you can write music. New vsts allow you to drag this out indefinitely... I'm just crap at writing music ;-)
Old 2011-07-14, 07:53

Quote:
This.
_____
Old 2011-07-14, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWardle View Post
Ever since the R6 announcement, I feel the Props got their Mojo back. Getting rid of Record was brilliant. Updating Rewire was the ultimate line in the sand to those who support MIDI Out and VST. The Props are saying, "This is who we are. Love it or leave it." Brilliant.
Thank you.
See right there, if they improved the rewire, that means clearly they are not interested in VST/i it's not going to happen. they are saying we heard you VST/i people but hear us WE WILL NOT BRING IN VST/I WE ARE GIVING YOU REWIRE IN THE MOST SIMPLIEST FORM, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Updating the rewire is a clear clue that VST/i aint coming down the pike! FORGET ABOUT IT! It's so many times one is going to keep asking.

If I ask a woman out and she tells me no ok, if I ask her out again and she tells me know I AM GHOST! There are millions of wome, same senerio, if they say no VST/i and that upset people so much LEAVE IT ALONE go get a DAW. Why torture yourself?
Old 2011-07-14, 12:56

I think the most VSTs can be reproduced in Reason. The limit lies in computer power and the human capacity. Using advanced science, where the human time perception is altered, one can possible make new filter effects with the delay module as a low level component (Making it sounds to be under 1 ms with using psychoacoustic). Further non-linear convolution seems possible, but requires from 200 modules (dependent on precision) inside a combinator, and so is both a hell of a patchwork and a big load on the computers resources. That said, the most normal production behavior is easy in Reason, and it works great both for production and mixing. VST isn't needed for that kind of work.

Old 2011-07-14, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacike View Post
I think the most VSTs can be reproduced in Reason. The limit lies in computer power and the human capacity. Using advanced science, where the human time perception is altered, one can possible make new filter effects with the delay module as a low level component (Making it sounds to be under 1 ms with using psychoacoustic). Further non-linear convolution seems possible, but requires from 200 modules (dependent on precision) inside a combinator, and so is both a hell of a patchwork and a big load on the computers resources. That said, the most normal production behavior is easy in Reason, and it works great both for production and mixing. VST isn't needed for that kind of work.
Are you taking drugs?
Old 2011-07-14, 09:30

Quote:
I use Reason, VSTs and hardware synths. I use Reason as a virtual rack of gear and rewire into Live. I use more VSTs than Reason devices in any given tracks, but it is rare that my tracks contain no Reason devices at all.

I can do some things in Reason that I can't do *easily* in VST or hardware. I also have a bunch of samples and loops available only as refills which I like to use.

I don't personally need VST in Reason simply because I use my VSTs in Live. I prefer the sequencer in Live and I never use the sequencer in Reason except as a cut and paste pad for the Reason's sequenced devices like Redrum and Dr Octorex.

I would use Reason synths more than I do if they didn't alias so obviously in the higher registers. My choice of VSTi devices are cleaner in this respect and, to my ears at least, sound better and are more suitable for the sort of music I do.

NN-Xt is a great sampler but doesn't allow variable fades at the loop points. Also editing samples is a little too fiddly. Live's Sampler is a lot easier and quicker to use.

Tony