Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-07-27, 05:13
wolfryder

Cant edit Redrum rack once a drum automation is set in the Sequencer window

Hi,

Im having a problem with the Redrum Rack working with the Sequencer window. I successfully made a pattern with Redrum and in the sequencer window selected 'Convert Pattern Automation to Notes'. this worked and now my drum pattern is in the sequencer timeline. The problem is that once I have done this I can no longer edit any drum patterns in my Redrum Rack. I'm sure there is a simple solution as I am definitely new to this. Please help!

Thanks!
Old 2011-07-27, 05:35

There is a button called 'Edit Mode' in the top left of the sequencer. You should definitely read the manual or access the help menu.

And you should be registered with the said software I might add if you have bought it.

Last edited by scottym; 2011-07-27 at 05:41.
Old 2011-07-27, 05:54
wolfryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
There is a button called 'Edit Mode' in the top left of the sequencer. You should definitely read the manual or access the help menu.

And you should be registered with the said software I might add if you have bought it.
Hey thanks for the response,

I have clicked and unclicked edit mode and also 'song' mode. This does not seem to do the trick. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again
Old 2011-07-27, 06:10

Make sure you have the Redrum lane selected in the sequencer and double click in the sequencer when in edit mode, (which may initially look to have grayed out blocks). Also ensure you have the horizontal track position bar at the beginning ( - and + ). It's directly below the sequencer.

Last edited by scottym; 2011-07-27 at 06:16.
Old 2011-07-27, 17:21
wolfryder

Hey Scotty,

I followed your instructions exactly as written. The Redrum lane is selected in the sequencer and the horizontal track position bar is at the beginning position below the sequencer. Still, when I go back to the Rack view window I cannot edit drum patterns at all. It's like the rack is frozen. when I click 'RUN' nothing happens. it does not light up. no other function on the redrum rack works. I even tried deleting all the redrum note patterns I made in the automation to have a clean slate but still I cant use the redrum rack view. anything else I can try?

Thanks again!
Old 2011-07-27, 18:36

Ensure that 'Enable Pattern Section' is enabled,it's directly above the RUN button of the Redrum. You would normally disable this when using just the Redrum patterns that you copied to the tracks to avoid doubling up.

There is no reason why the functions of the Redrum or any other device for that matter should be frozen unless you have enabled 'Remote Override Edit Mode' from the options menu.